Thread: A Morning For Cod

A Morning For Cod

House-sitting the mate's farm at the moment. Most enjoyable morning. I had planned to be at the river pre-dawn and see how I could go with some surface lures.

Drove down to the river in the dark. Plenty of animals in the paddocks in the driving lights - roos, wallabies rabbits and deer. Great time to be out and about. Birds just waking up and the sound of fish boofing in the river.

Just enough light to see the other bank for the first cast - and to watch the platypus swim buy. Gold that. Third cast gets a hit and miss. Same thing next cast. Then I hook up to a little tacker. Gee that surface stuff is fun - particulaly when the little buggers are so aggressive.

Moved on a bit and a couple cast later got a slightly bigger model.

But then the tip runner came adrift and I had to walk back to the car and change rods. Typical isn't it. Best part of the morning and I am back at the car re-rigging. Blood Murphy.

Anyway I get back to where I left off and started to work the bank edges. Only took a couple casts and I hooked into the best of the morning.

Couple happy snaps later and it was time to go get a couple rabbits for the pot. Home by 0800 to feed the chooks. Love this farming life lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: A Morning For Cod

Awesome Gunna!

What area is this?

I hunt on a few properties between tenterfield and texas and love chasing cod while im there...awesome fish!

Between Tenterfield and Emmaville SnapperB

The best part of the world fellas. I just got access back to some old properties I used to hunt up there so am amped and ready for the cod, deer and pigs already!

Very nice fish there, well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Love your work Pete.

Thanks guys. Filled the freezer with bunnies today. Underground mutton - yum.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Between Tenterfield and Emmaville SnapperB
    We spent the weekend at the Tin Mines just out of Emmaville. How cold did it get Sunday night?
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    We spent the weekend at the Tin Mines just out of Emmaville. How cold did it get Sunday night?
    New England !! I nearly left the warm gear at home. Amazing how chilly it can get in summer.

I had to drive to Glen Innes on Saturday to buy an overpriced raincoat and then I wore it to keep warm....
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Nice one Gunna.

Rossco

Flip! Cod and rabbits! A whole world away from me up in the tropics, but greatly enjoyed. Its the land that's still in me from childhood. Great thread!!!
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Flip! Cod and rabbits! A whole world away from me up in the tropics, but greatly enjoyed. Its the land that's still in me from childhood. Great thread!!!
    Yep - I cut my teeth rabbit shooting the Emmaville area over 40 years ago. Drive down Fri night from Brissy and sleep on the ground by a stream in the middle of winter. Wake up covered in frost. Good times lol.