Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport Compliance - Inskip Point

Transport Compliance - Inskip Point

Dept Of Transport guys have set up portable scales just near the end of the bitumen leading onto the barges at Inskip the last two mornings. Word has it they are going to be there for a few more days.

They are checking weight compliance on overloaded vehicles and trailers. Trailers include boats.

So if you are heading to Fraser for the long weekend and have the 4X4, trailer and boat 'overloaded' you can be assured of a check over.

visit.tran2.jpg

Re: Transport Compliance - Inskip Point

Cheeky buggers!

Thankyou veryyyyyyy much.

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Cheeky buggers!
    My thoughts exactly. How many 4wds would be overloaded on the way to Fraser? 50%?

And some i reckon Chisel.

never mind the trailers!!

What load of cr@p that is purely a money raiser . How about more police to stop rampant stealing & idiots camping and disrupting everybody

michael

Transport Compliance - Inskip Point

To set up one of those must cost the tax payer a bit of money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

No doubt though they expect to get a good return on their investment.....

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELG View Post
    What load of cr@p that is purely a money raiser . How about more police to stop rampant stealing & idiots camping and disrupting everybody

michael
    I disagree. It is not a money raiser but a money going to waist for those travelling illegally who get caught. I think we are going to see more of it as time goes by. They were set up on the Bruce Highway near the Pomona turnoff just recently.

As regards more police - one would hope that would happen as well.

Yes....

It seems hard for the authorities to "win" here on Ausfish at times.

Not enough enforcement - people bitch about that. Screams for more action to be taken abound!!

Getting some enforcement happening - well that's no good, let's have a whinge about that too... How dare they enforce sensible laws about not overloading our vehicles. Ooooooo Nooooo!

Seems to me that setting up at a location where you are likely to find breaches is smart thinking and good use of our taxpayer dollars to me. Max bang for the buck. Rather see them set up there than somewhere random where the chances of catching law-breakers is very low.

Here's a thought - every year there are well publicised rollovers and other incidents on Fraser Island involving loaded 4WD's and many of them involve injuries to people and expensive medivac's etc. Now, who would have thought that this might just prompt the authorities to make their presence felt at particularly busy times in an endeavour to prevent at least some of the causes of such incidents?

Who would have thought?????
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Mate seems like a good idea to me. If this what is takes to save peoples lives so be it.

I really don't have a problem with this, in fact I'd like to see the Victoria authorities doing something similar.

I go along to the local 4 wheel drive club and I see 4x4 drivers over loading their rigs every time and most of them just won't listen to advice or I go to the local boat ramp and see over loaded boats on single axle trailers (and I wouldn't even try saying something there) but the fact is over loading is dangerous and if people won't stop by themselves (and most serial offenders won't) them by all means fine them.

I say this as the manager of a local bus company who is very careful about not over loading our vehicles for exactly the same reason... it's NOT safe.
    | Savage Kestral with Evinrude 9.9 --> Stacer 3.9 with Yamaha 15 --> Polycraft 4.55 CC with Honda 50 --> Ally Craft Reel Mate 4.25 with Yamaha 3 cylinder 30 horse --> Hmmm what next? |

Soon shuts up the people who don't give a shit about following the rules....
    I would love to see the stats on illegal setups compared to the number of vehicles being tested there.
    Jack.

I dont think people think about the consequences of being overloaded. All good if nothing goes wrong but if it does, the situation can be made worse ten fold . After my altercation coming home from S.A. I hate to think what the outcome would be if i had the camper overloaded. I pressume there would of been no way i could of kept the Pajero on all 4 wheels....I to had been guilty of overloading boat and 4by at times. Thank christ i didnt on this ocassion as i was coming home but it certaily has changed my veiws on overloading...
    JN

Every single 100/200 series cruiser (ok, not quite all 200s) you see with a rear wheel carrier (and spare on the back), scrub bars and steel bullbar is over GVM. Does it make them unsafe?
    Same likely applies for most GUs with bar work.
    Who on here knows their vehicle weight exactly when heading off for a trip?