Thread: Anyone been to Baffle Bob's lately?

Anyone been to Baffle Bob's lately?

We are looking at booking three families in for a week over easter, and a quick search on the net shows up quite a few negative reports. Most of these are from quite a while ago, and the most recent one said that it was for sale. I guess I'm wondering if it sold? and if anything has changed for the better?
    I await all your infinite wisdom oh wise ones.
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Anyone been to Baffle Bob's lately?

Just my opinion from our multi family trip last year in May. New owners are in place. Trying to repair the baffle bob previous rumour mill.

But for us they are not doing a great job for return visitors.

We took 3 boats over 5 powered camp sites for 3 nights. The facilities were very good. Flat areas bordered my big gums to delineate each site etc. boat ramp on the back of the property.

But what let them down was the anti-fun police style approach they took to the noise levels and driving speeds. They would tour the grounds and 9pm and give everybody still awake lectures on keeping the voices down. No laughing too loud, no music etc. All fires to be contained in a 9kg gas bottle brazier with the coals no touching the ground. Fire wood was available for purchase at $12 a bag etc.

We towed the boats from camp site to the ramp and idling along in first gear they would race up beside us and tell us we are speeding, doing more than the posted 5kph signs. How can we go any slower?

It turned into a nazi camp where we would constantly be on the lookout for the owners and their quad bike.

Bottom line. Nice grounds. Good amenities. But terrible staff and policing of rules.
    We doubt we will return.

Damo's dodgy boat building factory.
    Damo's dodgy boat repairs.
    1993 bermuda by Haines 530f - completed resto.
    1976 cruisecraft rogue 14 - estuary weapon.
    1984 vickers easyrider 156 - future project.

Re: Anyone been to Baffle Bob's lately?

I find it quite ridiculos that people with no people skills think they would be good at runing a caravan park!!!!!!! Like going for a job as a traffic controller if you dont like standing for long periods..........
    JN

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Theres a place on the left just before baffle bobbs they have their own hi tide ramp they have self contained units on the water and mud crabs and jack every where on the surf whiting just attack you and flat head snap your line 80 cent plus great fun im back if my health lets me this year.hilly

Sssshhhhh

Great spot.

If you don't want to try baffle bobs again theres this place...

http://www.wikiaustralia.com/product/9024889/

I was there a few years ago before Christmas. I had several conversations with the new managers there and specifically chose the place on several points. - A pool for the kids - Allow dogs - crabbing and fishing I was pretty annoyed when we got there and I asked where the pool was and they said it's out of action. (we should have been informed prior to going).
    Then one day our little pomeranian slipped her collar and ran accross the open paddock chasing birds (couldn't get any if she tried mind you) we ran straight out and put her back on the lead. I resented the way Roger spoke to me like I was a naughty annoying person and was straight onto me. I too felt they wanted power over travellers and didn't jell with their attitudes.
    The baffle is so muddy and I mostly caught female mud crabs only to have to throw them back. There are lots of submerged rocks but luckily I didn't hit any with my prop.

Is the camp stay place open, it closed a couple of years ago.
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Going in October for 5 nights during the school hoildays will give an update on the park.

it is flatty heaven Baffle
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing