Thread: Prowrap Metallic issues

Prowrap Metallic issues

I first posted this build in Sep 2012 here so not that long ago. The rod has been used maybe 15 times. The ribbon is Gudebrod Electra and the rest of the blue is Prowrap. Pretty devastated this happened and now Mudhole wont respond. I've managed to find some Gudebrod to replace it and I'm trying out the Fishhawk thread as well since Gudebrod is no more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Prowrap Metallic issues

Wasting your time speaking with Mudhole mate. They only hire Muppets with less clue than Kermit the frog. You need to go direct to AMTAC, after all, it there puss product. I spoke with them a couple of years back, said the usual line of "your the only one thats complained" Tell them you want a refund on all the thread, plus labour. I would also spread this around like wildfire mate. I had another guy from down South ask me the same question out of the blue, he used blue, stuff is now silver and the customer wants his money back. You have nay idea where this stuff is made? I do, China.

Man that's devastating, thanks for the heads up, I like the pro wrap thread, its strong and easy to work with. I've been replacing my pro wrap thread when it runs out with the fish hawk thread, and I recon its pretty good stuff imo, Rodworks holds a collection of fishhawk thread, not sure who else has it.
    Anyway I will keep an eye on the builds I have done and post if there's any issues, I would hate for some of my wraps and weaves to go pear shape.

I refuse to use Prowrap metallics for this exact reason. They are crap in my opinion. You will find the Fish Hawk an excellent metallic thread. It is very easy to work with and looks good for many years. One other problem with the prowrap is that it knots/kinks on the spool and it also springs off the spool causing all sorts of issues. Just my opinion.

I agree with Mark here. I don't mind the Prowrap nylon but I wont use the metallic.
    Yes, Mudhole can be difficult to deal with sometimes. Have had similar experiences.

pro wrap is shit ! its built to a price not a standard , even the nylon is frayed and has knots in it straight off the spool
    fish hawk make very good supple metallic and the nylon is also very nice
    the fish hawk nylon is very similar to gudebrod but the metallic is better than gudebrod in my opinion
    i might be able to get some fish hawk thread at a good price if you guys are interested

The 4 oz spools have knots every so many meters, trying doing a friggen weave when that happens. Im about to shoot of an email to the American supplier just informing him, again, that your product is below crap level.

send me his email and ill email him
    as well

American Tackle Company.