Thread: Epoxy help

Epoxy help

I've been waiting on a back order of Prokote now since mid December and Mudhole won't even reply to me. I've sent at least 5 emails already.
    does anyone have any they are willing to sell to me. I'll take some Bulards Diamond II as a second choice. To finish this rod I've been waiting on I has also ordered a size 20 fuji MNSG guide. If anybody has that at well it would be great. I've got a bit more on the order but this is all I need to finish this rod.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Epoxy help

M8 Ring Gary Howard of Australian Rod Manufacturers in Brisbane. He distributes Procote.
    Ring Sue Howard on 0419672599

Failing that I am happy to get you some and post it to U. My number is 0427832618

M8 Ring Gary Howard of Australian Rod Manufacturers in Brisbane. He distributes Procote.
    Ring Sue Howard on 0419672599

Failing that I am happy to get you some and pits it to U. My number is 0427832618

That's strange about Mudhole, I personally haven't had any issues with them, they normally respond I couple of days, try Tania Vasquez <tania@mudhole.com> she normally has helped me in he past, but I believe that when an item is on back order it can take some time for the delivery, well over a month, I've cancelled items due to this, anyway see if Tania can help.
    Cheers
    Russ

I gave up on them years ago, to many non experienced people for my liking.

Mark,
    Have all sizes D2 in stock and some 8oz prokote as well.

Ross ;-)

Spewing Ross I should have got some off you with that thread!! Will try and call tomorrow.

hey mate did ya get a #20
    i have some here

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thanks to Ross at the Rod works. He sorted me with the thread and then the Epoxy. I managed to finish the rod in question albeit later than hoped.
    Thanks for your help Ross much appreciated.

I really think too many of us rely on components etc from overseas when some of the best customer service is right on our own doorstep. Ross has been outstanding in this regard for many years. Another new player in the components side is Mark Newcombe of Rod Components Australia. Give either of them a call if you need something and I'm sure they'll help out.

I buy a lot of my rod components from Gary Howard. I have never purchased rod components from overseas

ke n

I've got no objections about where anyone gets their gear from. It's all personal choice. I get the majority of blanks, epoxy, thread and odd components from here. Some of the other stuff I get overseas. I think the point is to try and shop locally as much as we can and support blokes here who have mortgages and family to keep. Once local suppliers are gone, then we will have no choice but shop overseas and have no doubts, the Govt of the time will end up getting its cut when they impart a GST or import duties on imports less than the $1000 thresh hold.

Outback

I do agree in part Mark. However, customers have the same commitments as suppliers do. I agree with your sentiment, buy local, and I do.
    But, When you make a full time living from it, you simply have no choice but to shop where its cheaper, otherwise, it becomes to cost prohibitive.
    If you do a few rods, maybe more, then buying in Australia makes sense, when you start doing volume, then the numbers matter.
    If you can develop a good relationship with your supplier, then that can be mutually beneficial.
    As you would understand, I have long established relationships with many of my suppliers that benefits both of us.
    In having said that, my cost of goods need to be in a certain range in order for me to remain profitable, if by any chance that increases and we cant negotiate a price, then I begin shopping elsewhere, they know that because i have done to them a few times.
    Australia is a bit of a joke really when it comes to mark ups. Basic business says that 10% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
    When I can save over 40% buying overseas, then thats where my money is relocating too.
    The other issue is not every individual and or business is on a level playing field, makes it hard for many.
    The Australian tackle industry as a whole is so fractured and disjointed its quite embarrassing. When you look at the model in the US, Australia is a joke.
    Give it a few years and businesses will be dealing direct with the public rather than the current model of wholesaling to a retailer then onto the customer. There is no way business can survive with such restrictive market.

Over the course of 21 years, I have seen prices triple on most goods in the rod building game. Cant keep blaming the cost difference on freight.

Buy what you want, where you want. Business has to adapt or it will die, cant keep blaming the customer. Yes, customer service will cost that bit more, but how much is the unknown factor.