Thread: Garlic prawns

Garlic prawns

My wife is looking for a good recipe for garlic prawns if someone has one
    CHEERS ND BEERS

Re: Garlic prawns

1kg green prawns with tail part left on and butterflied throw into a pan with butter onion and garlic either crushed of fresh up to you. then when they are half cooked and a half handful of plain flour then cook it off for a bit then add in 300ml of cream and reduce to your taste and season

Cook prawns, butter and garlic in a pan. When nearly cooked throw in a hand full of shredded fresh basil and fresh breadcrumbs.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjudge View Post
    My wife is looking for a good recipe for garlic prawns if someone has one
    CHEERS ND BEERS

Garlic cream prawns Perfected
    I've been try to make the perfect garic cream prawns for years.
    I spoke to my brother the other day about not quite getting it right and he gave me this receipe [he's a cheff] .

Green prawns peeled fresh crushed garic olive oil.
    allow to maranaid for 4hr or more.

Boil water add pasta till cooked.
    In a pan add prawns and maranaid and start cooking.
    Then use a white wine a splash here and there while cooking the prawns.
    It stops the garlic from burning and adds a new flavour.
    When cooked add cream more splashes of white wine.
    Drain pasta put back into pot add cream more wine and prawn mix and serve.

I had this tonight and it is the best I've ever had.

13 green prawns
    2 cloves of garlic
    20 to 50 ml of olive oil.?
    50 to 100 ml white wine ??
    150 ml cream.?
    Salt
    1 Bowl of cooked pasta.

All adjustable to your own tast.

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All good suggestions...BUT.....Where is the CHILLI....LOL....The creamed garlic prawn recipe is a beauty...thanks for that.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

1st trick is not to over cook the prawns, this can easily be done by the following method:
    Creamy garlic bisque prawns.
    Buy some large green prawns with the head n all..
    Take the heads and the shell off leaving the tail on, place the shells in a pot with a diced onion splash of white wine and a tomato.. put two cups of water in and boil it till there is half a cup of liquid left.
    While the stock is boiling marinate the prawns in fresh garlic (not the jar crap) with a bit of olive oil..
    in a good sized pan put the stock in and boil it to reduce it by half again, add 600ml or so of cream and reduce this also by half... at this stage the "sauce" is nearing sauce consistancy... DONT add stuff like flour it wrecks it add the prawns as there is prob only about 4mins left till its ready, add some chopped parley right at the end and serve with either pasta or rice.. garlic should be the main flavour but you will also enhance the sauce by the addition of the prawn stock... it tastes awesome.

Sounds more complicated than it is.. total cook time should be about 20mins...works even better with stuff like red claw and crayfish

Hi
    Garlic and Chili Prawns

100g butter 2tbls oil 3 cloves garlic 2 red chillis 1 kg green prawns 1 medium tomato 2tbl fresh parsley. If you like more garlic and chili then add more.

Put butter and oil in pan. Add finely chopped garlic and sliced chili and wait until it is aromatic. Add prepared prawns and stir around well. Dice the tomato and add to pan when prawns are nearly done. Add fresh copped parsley and serve with crusty bread ,lemon or salad.

Mrs H.