Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foreshore and intertidal development proposal for Toondah Harbour and G.J.Walter Park

Foreshore and intertidal development proposal for Toondah Harbour and G.J.Walter Park

Re: Foreshore and intertidal development proposal for Toondah Harbour and G.J.Walter

Would love to see the place done up with public beach and parks etc with minimal impact to the bay but an 800 boat marina and 15 storey high buildings on the waterfront... Not so much. Large tidal mangrove area that will be "reclaimed" too.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Re: Foreshore and intertidal development proposal for Toondah Harbour and G.J.Walter

If you want 400 berths you ask for 800. When people protest you do the "Eco-Friendly" thing and halve the impact to 400 berths, save the ecosystem and get a pat on the back. .

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

For heavens sake guys think about this. If the extreme grennies get the idea that any of these areas

I THINK YOU MIGHT NEED THEIR HELP.

Can"t think of anything more pleasurable, Latte, bit toasted fruit bun and the throw all the scraps to the toad fish. Fantastic

Web site
    Toondah Harbour

Detail
    The Toondah Harbour Priority Development Area (PDA) was declared at the request of Redland City Council on 21 June 2013. Planning of the Toondah Harbour PDA will be managed by the Minister for Economic Development Queensland (MEDQ) in partnership with Redland City Council (RCC). Development assessment powers have been delegated to RCC.
    http://www.dsdip.qld.gov.au/infrastr...h-harbour.html

It is OK only 49.5 ha of it is over shallow water which is just useless (free) vacant land that happens to have water on it (at the moment).

Dry land development is just too expensive these days.

The 67ha area includes 17.5ha over land and 49.5ha over water.

Don't like Marine Parks? Vote LNP nor do they :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobpen View Post
    If you want 400 berths you ask for 800. When people protest you do the "Eco-Friendly" thing and halve the impact to 400 berths, save the ecosystem and get a pat on the back. .
    Voted in 10/1 for next stage of EOI with recommendations to keep Walter park, limit buildings to 10 storey and "only" a 400 berth marina.

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Having lived in the Redlands for twenty five years, I can truthfully say that the local Council is known far and wide as the most incompetent body of ALL the councils in Australia!

Many builders and developers refuse point blank to undertake any construction in this shire directly because of this woeful Council!

One wonders how they will handle such a huge project when they have difficulty even looking after the long established canals in Raby Bay.

Bring it on I say!

BobPen, is worried about the devaluation of his "property", that's all he cares about.. Band wagoning with the greenies in an attempt to prevent it happening. = FAIL..

Its a good thing for the proposed area... which is basically a sh** hole...

Regards
    HOnda.

Sh!t hole = 49 odd ha of intertidal fish breeding zone but no latte or toasted fruit bun.
    Cheers
    Ray( Also a long term local)

The first draft in the original post and the newly released master plan I posted are completely different. And seems to go against what most people wanted changed from the original plan. And I always love how they draw these plans with heaps of green areas with trees and mangroves when in reality will be a rock wall and some turf...

Will be interesting to see the size of the public boat ramp they say they are putting in that's not in their picture and how many trailer parks available and if a pontoon goes in too.

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    BobPen, is worried about the devaluation of his "property", that's all he cares about.. Band wagoning with the greenies in an attempt to prevent it happening. = FAIL..

Its a good thing for the proposed area... which is basically a sh** hole...

Regards
    HOnda.

I really think my land value will go up. I can walk to the new harbour side Café and I am out of ground zero for parking.
    None of my properties or those of my family are town houses or units. If I had units: Yes I would be worried.
    Your argument will me is silly. Fish do better with water.

If your company wins a contract with Walkers they will have to be the lowest bid in Australia.
    These are not contracts handed to mates by the Government.

How is your fishing going? I nailed a 98 cm Mulloway at Peel about a month ago.

Happy fishing BobPen