Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water < : > 1770 M & G. 2014.

Re: Agnes Water < : > 1770 M & G. 2014.

Heck have not been on this site for a while can not believe how little action there has been on this event, I know a lot of the boys have moved on but would have thought others would have stepped in. I will be at 1770 this year staying at THE BIG BOAT house which is just down the road from THE LITTLE BOAT house , which means lots of BBQ & BEERS for the week, it seems funny that the little boat house has all the BIGGER blokes staying there, must be big blokes & there little TOYS, Just Saying

My 'maybe attending' has turned into a 'not attending' this year or next. Maybe the year after. For those heading up, have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves, go fishing and forget about the small stuff.

Cheers,
    Wags

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Rob do you know of 100 turning up to a M&G under the Ausfish Banner this year. I certainly hope that there are 100 who turn up and keep this fine tradition alive. I know of at least 50 who will be in town that week but attending another M&G as they support good mates who are no longer welcome on this site. I imagine there will be plenty of opportunities to catch up with each other no matter which flag you are flying (or not flying in the Ausfish case)
    Horse,
    I know that all that attend, may not attend under the AF banner, but they will still be here/there, and everywhere.
    And as usual, if I see them, I'll have a beer/rum with them, and even talk to them.
    But if I see them and I'm already smashed(big chance) I may not remember them haha

Cheers
    Rob T/Red C

Yea Rob, its very sad to see though. A community divided. This should have been the jewel in the crown of M&Gs to celebrate the milestones achieved.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Yea Rob, its very sad to see though. A community divided. This should have been the jewel in the crown of M&Gs to celebrate the milestones achieved.
    End of an era hey horse? Long live Ausfish M&Gs... They were good, but alas, no more. I've noticed a few boats which _had_ ausfish stickers on them now have none...

Getting a bit off topic .,

1. There is no Community Divided......... there are Ausfishers that attend this M & G. There are ex-Ausfishers that will attend 1770 / Agnes at the same time and interact with current members and then there are a few members of another group ( both ex AF members and current AF members ) that have issues with only 2 people on Ausfish. 2 people does not represent a " community divided ".

2... Alas no more..???........ This event is still going ahead as will many other M & G's.

3.. The Agnes Water / 1770 is only one of about 6 ....M & G's that take place during the year. It is only the " premier event " because of the sheer numbers of attendees. ( 120 last year ) This event does not need a certain number to survive or to be a success, it only needs a few Ausfishers to turn up, chat and have a fish. The outcome of an M & G is not to be judged as a success or failure, it is simply an M & G and people who attend make what they will of it. There is still good interest from Ausfishers with most wanting to attend, emailing me as per the initial thread suggestion.

It is still very early in the piece and a lot of attendees will put their hands up closer to the dates. I will post a list of prospective attendees later.

I am hoping for some good weather this year. Last year we had OK weather but the winds coming out of the north for most of the week made conditons lumpy.

The initial gathering / greeting of members for the M & G will be a " stand by " affair, with the weather holding the key to the specific day. That is, bad weather = M & G bbq etc....

I will be making a couple trips to 1770 over the next few months, so those that want to tag along or perhaps want to " deckie ", send me a pm. I usually go with 24 hrs notice and for 2 - 3 full days... from Brisbane.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    2... Alas no more..???........ This event is still going ahead as will many other M & G's.
    Indeed... This event is going forward, but all the people I spoke to are not going under the AF banner. So... There has been no notice for another Breaksea M&G. Fishard even started a thread about it, which has since been deleted...

All the people who assisted you in making great M&Gs are now gone, so thus the opinion is drawn that "alas no more M&Gs". These were the people who posted banter which encouraged people to get involved and attend and also did A LOT behind the scenes. You don't know what you got till you loose it as they say...

Enough from me now. Sorry for the noise.

Hi all, I for one will attempt for the third year in a row to get there. I hope that the past ausfishers and new ones can keep this event going and let the past go. I don't know to many past or present ausfishers so I can't comment on the issues so I just hope everyone can enjoy the week or two for what it is, like minded people who share a passion. Regards, Tony.

Agnes Water < : > 1770 M & G. 2014.

Getting a bit off topic .,

1. There is no Community Divided......... there are Ausfishers that attend this M & G. There are ex-Ausfishers that will attend 1770 / Agnes at the same time and interact with current members and then there are a few members of another group ( both ex AF members and current AF members ) that have issues with only 2 people on Ausfish. 2 people does not represent a " community divided ".

3.. The Agnes Water / 1770 is only one of about 6 ....M & G's that take place during the year. It is only the " premier event " because of the sheer numbers of attendees. ( 120 last year ) This event does not need a certain number to survive or to be a success, it only needs a few Ausfishers to turn up, chat and have a fish. The outcome of an M & G is not to be judged as a success or failure, it is simply an M & G and people who attend make what they will of it. There is still good interest from Ausfishers with most wanting to attend, emailing me as per the initial thread suggestion.

It is still very early in the piece and a lot of attendees will put their hands up closer to the dates. I will post a list of prospective attendees later.

I am hoping for some good weather this year. Last year we had OK weather but the winds coming out of the north for most of the week made conditons lumpy.

The initial gathering / greeting of members for the M & G will be a " stand by " affair, with the weather holding the key to the specific day. That is, bad weather = M & G bbq etc....

I will be making a couple trips to 1770 over the next few months, so those that want to tag along or perhaps want to " deckie ", send me a pm. I usually go with 24 hrs notice and for 2 - 3 full days... from Brisbane.

cheers LP
    With all due respect, ausfish cant go around banning members for life for mentioning that they arent attending and in the next sentence state that they will be there to try and prop up ausfish's own numbers at the m&g

I don't know what you guys are on about either.
    there was a big-arse M&G off Stradbroke Island last month with something like 14 ausfish members there.
    if you're not going don't say anything. Makes it all too easy. Cheers!
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic 632 View Post
    With all due respect, you cant go around banning members for life for mentioning that they arent attending and in the next sentence state that they will be there to try and prop up your own numbers.
    Aquaholic 632... So far off track, you'll need a GPS to find your way back to the topic. I did not ban any members for life for mentioning that they aren't attending... apology on it's way I hope ?

Not intending to " prop " up numbers and why would I ? Did you even read what I posted above ?

If you are going to start a post " with all due respect " the very least you can do is get your facts straight...... !

LP....

No worries Julian..... some current members choose to post, some just read. Ex members are always in touch with what is happening here through members they are friends with and even some of those have had small bans in place, and when they return they continue to post away. It's not a big deal. The Breaksea M &G was removed due to way off topic postings and the thread starter was asked to start the thread again, if they wanted to. There will be a Breaksea M & G and if you are keen, send pm to Horse, or start a thread about it.

cheers LP

Aquaholic 632... So far off track, you'll need a GPS to find your way back to the topic. I did not ban any members for life for mentioning that they aren't attending... apology on it's way I hope ?

Not intending to " prop " up numbers and why would I ? Did you even read what I posted above ?

If you are going to start a post " with all due respect " the very least you can do is get your facts straight...... !

LP....

No worries Julian..... some current members choose to post, some just read. Ex members are always in touch with what is happening here through members they are friends with and even some of those have had small bans in place, and when they return they continue to post away. It's not a big deal. The Breaksea M &G was removed due to way off topic postings and the thread starter was asked to start the thread again, if they wanted to. There will be a Breaksea M & G and if you are keen, send pm to Horse, or start a thread about it.

cheers LP
    Never did i say you did it personally lucky phill, but ausfish and its moderators did.

Why does that bloke get the opportunity to apologise? Most blokes got banned or put on holiday.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Because I am old , Fatbuoy, and understand that not everyone thinks the same or understands the same, hence the opportunity to make amends.

Again:-> With all due respect, you cant go around banning members for life for mentioning that they arent attending and in the next sentence state that they will be there to try and prop up your own numbers.

That is pretty plain english to me... sighting me personally by " quoting me " in your post. You have an opportunity to sort this mis-understanding....

cheers LP Moderator

Because I am old , Fatbuoy, and understand that not everyone thinks the same or understands the same, hence the opportunity to make amends.

Again:-> With all due respect, you cant go around banning members for life for mentioning that they arent attending and in the next sentence state that they will be there to try and prop up your own numbers.

That is pretty plain english to me... sighting me personally by " quoting me " in your post. You have an opportunity to sort this mis-understanding....

cheers LP Moderator
    All fixed for you LP/moderator

Just keep burying your head in the sand and pretending nothings changed.