Thread: Teewah Beach Camping

Ausfish Bronze Member anythingfishy1's Avatar

Teewah Beach Camping

Hi Guys
    I am heading up to Teewah on next Sunday and I m just wondering what the conditions are like (third cutting and the beach) and how busy. I will be in a 06 Silver Pajero towing a camper trailer coming from the Noosa side.

Thanks
    Kelvin

Re: Teewah Beach Camping

Kel, the 3rd cut has been awkward at times with many boggings but Council have been grading wet sand on to it fairly regularly - once every 10 days or so. Drop the tyres anyway as the grading effect only lasts a couple of days at best and we haven't had any rain. Beach is flat and like a highway at low tide. Traffic has reduced a lot this week.

Ausfish Bronze Member anythingfishy1's Avatar

Thanks Slider
    Just picking up a new camper today and want to do a shakedown trip before we take it to Fraser
    Cheers

Lock up everything before leaving your camp. Have heard theft has been a bit rife up there lately. Inskip was terrible over the holiday period and Rainbow beach had plenty of scum lifting purses and wallets at every opportunity. A couple in our group had their wallets knocked off from the Seary Creek waterhole just out of Rainbow and later the crooks tried using their credit cards in town after they had been cancelled. We also confronted a couple of guys wandering through Carlo Point Caravan park grounds at 2am with backpacks and red headlamps on a middle of the night toilet break.

Kev