Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borumba Dam Charity Fishing Competition - 22nd-23rd February

Borumba Dam Charity Fishing Competition - 22nd-23rd February

Hi Guys.
    Firstly thanks Lucky Phil for allowing me to post this up on Ausfish.

Some of you already know that I lost my dad to cancer just on 4 weeks ago now.
    He was in the Albury Mercy Hospital Palliative Care Unit for quite some time and the staff there were just incredible to my dad as well as all of my family.
    A group of my mates have got together to run a social fishing competition at Borumba Dam with the HQ at the Borumba Dam Deer Park on the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of February.
    All money raised from this social weekend is to be donated to the Palliative Care Unit at the Albury Mercy Hospital to help them out with the day to day running of this unit which helps so many terminally ill people and their families, many of them like my dad who are keen fishermen just like all of us.
    We would like to see as many of you as possible at Borumba to enjoy a fantastic weekend of fishing and socializing.
    We have an amazing amount of sponsors coming on board who are donating some incredible prizes for the competition, raffles and lucky door prizes.
    Prizes so far are ranging from game fishing equipment like a set of outriggers from Bell Marine to Pakula Lures and a host of other terrific prizes.
    If anyone here would like to make a prize donation please let me know as every little bit helps.
    Saturday night we will be offering a Spit Roast Dinner and Fresh Salad for $10 per head and a sausage sizzle with the presentation on Sunday.
    Entry is only $10 per head or $25 for a family.
    Please come along and help us support the Albury Mercy Hospital Palliative Care Unit, it is going to be a cracker of a weekend.

Here is some of the fantastic sponsors that we have so far.

ReelTackle
    Bell Marine
    Pakula Lures
    Reef Master Lures
    Moreton Bay Hire Boats
    Trevor Jackson Pest Control
    Seafarer Marine
    Searing Tackle
    Baitmate Baitboards
    Macs Spinnerbaits
    Addiction Adventure Wear
    Rob Gaden from Rupes Lures
    OMG Lures
    Austackle
    BJ's Custom Baits
    Ben Wilson (tray of lures)
    Obsession Fishing
    Serlution Solutions
    Online Pest Control
    Iseek Communications
    Ultimate Rods
    Offshore Fishing SEQ
    Saltwaterfly Forum
    Australian Fishing Online Forum
    PB (anonymous) Thanks mate.
    Foxy's Natural Health Solutions
    Reelax Australia
    Ninja Lures
    Brumby's Bakery
    Patton's Big Gun
    Mossops Bait and Tackle
    Double Island Point Fishing Charters
    Imbil Butchery
    Fishing n Outdoors (Borumba tackle shop)
    Imbil Friendly Grocer
    Borumba Deer Park
    Wicked Fishing
    Sam Allen Wholesale (SAW)
    Reidy's Lures
    Michael Hill Jewellers
    Brisbane City Welding
    Makka Lures
    Lee Rayner and Andrew Clark from Black Run Productions - Adventure Bound and Fishing Edge
    Tcaps
    Kingston Post Office
    Queensland Food Service Suppliers
    Kingston Friendly Grocer

Full details can be seen on our Facebook Events Page

www.facebook.com/SEQFishingonline/events

Thanks guys
    Lance

Re: Borumba Dam Charity Fishing Competition - 22nd-23rd February

Hi Lance, sounds good, and a great cause. What's the format for your comp mate? catch n kill, livewells, photo on a bragmat? Bait or lures? All species or just bass?
    As a member of the stocking group at Borumba I'm sort of hoping there wont be any toga killed.

Cheers

Hi Mike.
    The social comp is catch and release with photos to be taken on a measuring device to be eligible.
    Every entrant will be given a identification token which must be placed in the photo so we know it is a current picture.
    It is open to all forms of fishing,lures,fly,bait ect and we are sorting out the fishing boundaries now.
    We are going to include local rivers and streams so we can cater for non boat fishos and kids.
    Species are Toga,Bass,Yellowbelly and possibly MRC as well as largest other.
    We have to decide on whether we include MRC, thats a discussion we will have when we have a meeting this Saturday as we don't want people targeting them downstream of the dam wall.
    It will be a top weekend so I hope we can get plenty of Ausfishers there.

For what it is worth I personally would not like to see marys targeted.
    Cheers
    Ray

Things are coming along nicely now for the Charity weekend social fishing comp at Borumba Dam.
    We have some incredibly generous sponsors jumping on board as well.
    Mark it in your calenders guys as it is going to be a huge weekend.

Also if anyone is interested in helping out with some sponsorship please send me a pm or throw up a post here.
    We are also organising an online raffle which will be drawn at the presentation on the Sunday of the comp so keep an eye out for that one.

Thanks
    Lance

Booked an onsite van for the weekend.
    Cheers
    Ray

I have just updated our list of sponsors and what a line up we have.
    There is an incredible list of prizes so far and growing every day.
    A massive thank you to all of our generous sponsors because without you we have nothing at all.
    Please get behind our sponsors and the charity social and come along for what is shaping up to be an incredible weekend at Borumba Dam.

We have some amazing sponsors on board now and more to come for the Reeltackle Borumba Bash Charity Event.
    Mark it on your calender guys, this is going to be an insane weekend.
    A massive thank you to all of our sponsors, supporters and the guys working extremely hard behind the scenes getting this off the ground and all organised.

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    For what it is worth I personally would not like to see marys targeted.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Ray we have removed MRC from the species list as the fishing boundaries include the Yabba Yabba Creek downstream from the dam wall.
    We have included the Yabba Creek so non boaters,kayakers and kids have some where to fish.
    Species for the comp are Saratoga,Bass and Yellowbelly.

Don't forget guys there is only 4 weeks to go until our charity fishing social at Borumba Dam.
    We have a terrific list of sponsors on board with some amazing prizes so it will be a terrific weekend.
    It is a social fundraiser so bring your family and friends along.

Just an FYI - Mary River Cod are totally protected in Borumba as well as the creek below, so lucky you made the decision to not include them.

A great cause to support for sure.
    I've added your comp to the Sweetwater Event Calendar and Event Board. Events also get listed on the newsletter which goes far & wide.

Just need contact info for organisers.

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Hi Fitzy.
    Thank you very much mate for your support.
    You can use my contact details.

Lance Collins
    Ph- 0423235291
    Email: borumbabash@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Lance

Hey guys I have just updated our sponsors list for the ReelTackle Borumba Bash.
    Check out the incredible list of sponsors that have committed to supporting our charity event, it is overwhelming the generosity of these people and businesses.
    Thank you to each and every one of you.
    Our registrations website should be online tomorrow where you can purchase your tickets into the competition.
    Don't forget to check out our Facebook events page if you are interested in coming along for the weekend.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/182820965256314/

Thanks
    Lance

Our online registration website is now live for anyone attending the ReelTackle Borumba Bash charity event and wishing to book your entry tickets and Saturday nights meal tickets.
    We would like to see everyone enter early to save a few dollars plus to give us an idea on how many are going to attend so we can organise the catering properly.
    Anyone not attending that would still like to make a donation to the charity please go to the website and use the Donate link on the main page.
    Thanks guys
    Lance

www.borumbabash.org

Looks like the weekend up there will be a great way for me to explore the lake for the first time I am in see you all up there
    Cheers Mark