Thread: Blue parrot rig

Blue parrot rig

I know were to get then just wondering what size hook bait and rig. Webby around ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Re: Blue parrot rig

I know were to get then just wondering what size hook bait and rig. Webby around ? Lol

Good time of the year for that species, mate i'm from the Old School would only use a Handline for those brutes. Crabs are the Bait of Choice, but you have have to tie them on the hook.

I have read in this site that some people superbly the hook to the crabs carapice

Running ball sinker 400mm trace 80lb hand line hang on! Just hook the crab through the body unless your using sandies then you will have to glue your hook to the shell.....

This is the easiest way to catch parrot fish
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ensure everything is extra strong, thick leader for the rock and reef they will run for if your not already using a 100lb hand line, thick gauge hooks 7/0, running sinker straight over hook is fine the sinker doesn't deter them, paternosta works also however the less knots (weak spots) the better, tighten your drag right up, or ensure you have plenty of rubber tube on your fingers. Big prawns will work fine if you can't get any crabs, I like to get a box of U15 prawns especially for the big bruts. I use a rod an reel but a couple of mates swear by the hand line. And hang on, don't give em an inch. Great arm aching fun, good luck.