Thread: Cool capture of casting with 15ft rod and 700E5

Cool capture of casting with 15ft rod and 700E5

Finally got to do a bit of fishing recently.Fishing is different things to different people.
    Fishing for me is fishing for Jew and good size Tailor or Snapper of the rocks or an open beach.
    Its the best feeling,targeting those fish and using special gear.I always prefer a one piece rod.

I just bought this Wilson 15 ft 'Surf Champ',and used it with my 700E5 Alvey,on the weekend.
    a 10 ball sinker and trace with 2 8/0's and very fresh squid.Caught some fish too!.

But best of all was this image my friend took,it showed the rod-the cast,and terminal gear all at point
    of cast!.Was a difficult camera to take this sort of photo with,but my fiend got a really good capture!
    Always wanted an image like this.So thought I'd share it here.

Hope its of interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Cool capture of casting with 15ft rod and 700E5

Great shot! Hard to get them perfect like that.

All we need now is the corresponding shot of the rod bent over hard and the reel smoking the skin off your palms as a bit jewie screams away!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by darter View Post
    Finally got to do a bit of fishing recently.Fishing is different things to different people.
    Fishing for me is fishing for Jew and good size Tailor or Snapper of the rocks or an open beach.
    Its the best feeling,targeting those fish and using special gear.I always prefer a one piece rod.

I just bought this Wilson 15 ft 'Surf Champ',and used it with my 700E5 Alvey,on the weekend.
    a 10 ball sinker and trace with 2 8/0's and very fresh squid.Caught some fish too!.

But best of all was this image my friend took,it showed the rod-the cast,and terminal gear all at point
    of cast!.Was a difficult camera to take this sort of photo with,but my fiend got a really good capture!

Hope its of interest.
    Thanks-yes,very good to get an image like this,my friend did a very good job,must thankful to her (its my screen saver now).Even harder using the camera she had,a Canon G1X -gives good images,but so slow and timing difficult.So its an even more remarkable capture.

RE-photo of Jew screaming away-well we caught Jew,all about 65 cm so all released as size in QLD is 75 cm,did hook up a shark,really hammered me,and busted off quick,not long after above image taken.

Some great looking country there mate and a great photo. What part of the world are you fishing in?

Up around the Sunshine Coast,the tide was coming in and basically at the top when photo taken.

Quote Originally Posted by darter View Post

Hope its of interest.

Been there , Done that and terribly miss it at times ey . So relaxing without other woes that go with Boating ..