Thread: Gudebrod HT Metallic Blue code 9245 "Urgent"

Gudebrod HT Metallic Blue code 9245 "Urgent"

Guys/girls, I urgently need a spool of Gudebrod HT metallic blue 9245. At least a 1 ounce spool or larger is needed.

Stu

Re: Gudebrod HT Metallic Blue code 9245 "Urgent"

Stu I just bought some from sneider rods. They may have some left. I'm not home until Sunday and it may have arrived. If you like I can send them an email to see how much they have left and let you know?

I bought some from Ross at the Rod Works, however If you can shoot them an email that would be great mate!

Stu

Done. I'll let you know when I hear back.

I'll go check my secret possum pile for you.
    Graham

They only have one 100 yard spool left in size A mate. Must be getti g close to none left anywhere!

Its like that. They made the best thread on the market, now its mostly all Chinese crap.

I hear ya. When I get back from holidays I'll put a post up showing the degradation of Prowrap in a very short time. Not happy about it. It's funny as the ProKote they make is great as you say.

Interesting you say the degradation of pro-wrap thread. What type of thread and what happened to it?

Metallic royal blue 9430. It's sort of grey now. Even the spool I have in the garage is fading and has transferred some blue to the spool. Some of the other colours are doing it too but the blue is shocking.

Well the gold I have used turned a light green, the blue into light green. Told those I bought it from, never had a problem with it, spoke with the distributor in the States, your the first one to complain, what a crock. Seems to to be the standard line. I wont use there metallic again and Im getting close to pulling the pin on there regular nylon as well. Not that stuff fades, but Im sick to death of all the knotted joins in the spools, very bad on the 4 ounce size spools. I just purchased 6 4ounce spools of gudebrod black. I guess I will have to start looking for another thread supplier. Its not like Im building a few rods every month, when a few rods come back with faded metallic threads I get cranky. More people are stocking this product, maybe time they had a hard look because when the customers start beating the doors down, they will learn the hard way. Most I have spoken to wont listen, or even head my advice, ok no worries, your on your own.

Does Ross at the rod works have any more Gudebrod royal blue. We might need to buy the lot!
    I'm trying some small spools of Fishhawk Metallic P in size A. I've heard it's good stuff but will not know for about a year.
    keep your eye out for my photos next week when I'm back. I'm cranky myself as I've emailed them several times now for nil response.