Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishers in green zones - dob them in?

Re: Fishers in green zones - dob them in?

Would be interesting to see how many that said wouldn't dob would change their mind if they thought the green zone fishers were keeping undersize and taking way over the bag limit? If they are happy to break one rule why wouldn't they break others.. I can understand the odd person not knowing they are in a green zone but when they are informed and still stay?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Same thing happened to me, was out at north pine dam walking the banks flicking away when I came across a group is Asian people using cast nets and drag nets and keeping every single thing in the net. I politely let them know that it is illegal to use a cast net in fresh water inpoundments. I was told to go away, we do what we want.

Called fisheries and was told, sorry we are unable to attend at this time as we are short handed with officeres for the time being.

Yet I've been checked by fisheries at 1.45am on a tuesday morning on the GC seaway wall...
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

I would advise them and as other on here did, and call Fisheries or whoever if their attitude was poor. Very disappointing stories of officers failing to act . I was fully inspected at Windorah couple years ago out fishing for yellabelly by the local police officer. He works with the fishing inspector from Longreach to find and prosecute offenders. In such blatant cases it's a shame local coppers can't be involved in at least catching these people when Fisheries officers couldn't get there.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"