Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red taking the bait

Re: Red taking the bait

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Still a few good fish despite the bite being shut down. What sort of frame did you have the camera on. I'm looking at putting something together as I love seeing whats happening down there
    Mate I'll knock something up over the next week or so and put a few pics up.

The first one I made worked well but a little heavy and awkward to store so Rob made one that folded up and could be put in the side pockets but unfortunately it fell apart and wasn't sturdy enough once it hit the ocean floor.

I'm certain the next stand will be on the money, easy to knock up and store as well as get better footage.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Keith, a massive thanks from me to you mate. thanks, not only for the invite, but your hospitality as well - i totally enjoyed myself thanks for making me feel so welcome. thanks to you too, Rob, for organising the food and i would love to repay the favour to the both of you one day.

i learnt alot from you boys this trip, thanks for the tips. and will be ready with a bring it on next time i am up that way. likewise bud - was as if we were all mates and had known each other for a while not only just met . thats what fishing is all about shits n giggles with good people and i think Rob should get you that friendship ring... ha ha ha.. looking forward to returning the favour and take you for a run in the victory.
    nice vid mate.. pity we didn't get any footage of Robs fish he got in 210m of water ..lol..
    cheers mick
    Thanks Mick,
    It's always good to have likewise minded people onboard who share the same passion.
    You were great company Mick.
    The footage turned out ok Keith.
    The Mach 2 stand should be better for next time.

Not meaning to hijack your thread but we stayed out at fitzroy just after Boxing Day we caught half a dozen reds and some spanairds at boult bommy . the boys were playing with there phones in fitzroy and they picked up service without external Ariel ,do you know if there's now a tower on heron now. we were going to buy sat phone
    ,but maybe if we put big external Ariel on we might be right, cheers

Keith I enjoyed having a beer with you boys and talking reds, mate your welcome back anytime and next time we'll fire up the bbq.
    Thanks for the red throat fillets, their definately a lot better tasting than the ones we get down here off the gardeners, the misses battered them up and before I could sit down the boys were already into them and scoffed down three pieces each, lol.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Redhunter View Post
    Keith I enjoyed having a beer with you boys and talking reds, mate your welcome back anytime and next time we'll fire up the bbq.
    Thanks for the red throat fillets, their definately a lot better tasting than the ones we get down here off the gardeners, the misses battered them up and before I could sit down the boys were already into them and scoffed down three pieces each, lol.
    Steve
    yeah sounds good Steve..Although I might need to bring a keg!!

Mate I take it that you didn't get out?

Quote Originally Posted by jett75 View Post
    Not meaning to hijack your thread but we stayed out at fitzroy just after Boxing Day we caught half a dozen reds and some spanairds at boult bommy . the boys were playing with there phones in fitzroy and they picked up service without external Ariel ,do you know if there's now a tower on heron now. we were going to buy sat phone
    ,but maybe if we put big external Ariel on we might be right, cheers

Sorry mate I don't know the answer to that but sounds good if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Sorry mate I don't know the answer to that but sounds good if it is true.
    We were getting phone reception in Fitzory during September M&G last year.

Who the hell wants phone reception, the reason I go fishing is so no one can get me, that's why they invented the Epirb and Radio.

By the way, well done again Keith, not as good as we did off Fraser but still a good effort.
    LOL
    LOTS OF LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    yeah sounds good Steve..Although I might need to bring a keg!!

Mate I take it that you didn't get out?
    Yes mate got out, I will try to get a report up tomorrow.

steve

Top video guys.

That's a well set up boat with the canopy support posts where they are either side of the esky. I like the way you can walk the width of the deck at the back without having to pass rods around posts.

Great footage, thanks

what is the little blue bag on the bottom