Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cape. Fishing. Camping. info required

Re: The Cape. Fishing. Camping. info required

Take the big boats EPBIRP, take the gennie, take the battery charger, take the sat phone (no mandatory but a very swish inclusion), Take 40kg min of frozen slimey's or yellowtail (or has the rules changed down there now)....cannot stress this enough...the fishery's rules up here are nazi's v the jewish weird and they consider it always with a smile.

So many options...no 13-15 ft boat trailered...why ya bothering???

Just done a search on the cape for my first trip and come up with this, a heap of info. Cheers fellas ad good luck to the guys going up!

The comments about Bathurst Bay are on to it, you wont get near it before june 30 and the Cape is getting a pretty decent wet season . Fishin should be great, however severe limitations without a boat. There will be travellers everywhere just like yourself, but most are good hearted souls. So much to enjoy
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Heading up in June for 4 weeks, taking a tinnie along, fishing Mapoon, the tip and the East coast on the way back.

Well that's no good....I just found out the vast majority of where I wanted to go, is adjacent to Green Zones that take in the beach....

Basically from Cape Flattery to Cape Melville.

That blew that idea.

square one !
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

This is the route we taking up in red and back in black
    have all the info if required fishing/camping/tracks etcAttachment 102957

so, the bridge / weir over the Bloomfield river has been repaired / re-built and open ? and coming back the Starke track ...... no fishing allowed due to green zones ... suppose river fishing is the option there. Sounds like a great trip coming up. LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 04-05-2014 at 03:48 PM.

I went over the Bloomfield last July phil and it was all good.... Don't know about now since this recent cyclone

I was up there prior to that......... made it all the way via daintree / cape trib
    etc, only to arrive and see no bridge... no one told us and no signs,,,not even on the Daintree barge

Going via the creb track.
    and coming into cape melville from the Dev Rd.
    Fishing is allowed in all creeks/rivers in melville park
    Publication21.jpg

I'll be on the western side week after next.....I will be around the Coleman/Kendel river area for just over a week and then somewhere near Weipa for a few days........it should be a good trip......I'll do a report when I get back.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Hi Phil I wouldn't bother packing any " waders " either.

The Cape. Fishing. Camping. info required

Tripped up there in Sept 2012. Loved the Starke though it was completely dry when we got there, dusty and quiet. Camped on the track overnight and it was so eerily quiet. Came up from cook town and stayed at Melville for 3 days.....wanted to stay longer but the schedule didn't allow it. NP booking system sucks lumps.
    The Starke is mostly dirt tracks throughout the bush with a few creek crossings, thus was the potentially toughest, though dry when we went through.

Camp at Melville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are out trip up and back, now going for 5 weekscape 1.jpgcape 2.jpg

Phill I am leaving on the 8th of june. Stopping in at marks piss n pig the night before then heading straight to mapoon. With the tinny in tow. You still heading up that way??