Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the reports?!?!

Where's the reports?!?!

Wondering how things were getting on in the Dams boys and girls? Haven't seen any reports over this Xmas break.
    With Wivenhoe open to the boaties surely someone has something to share!
    How are the Redclaw numbers and are any bass on the bite?

Re: Where's the reports?!?!

It seems to me that people are more reluctant to write about their trips these days compared to years gone by.

bjelke petersen was fishing quite well for yellas just before the holidays, thinking of having another crack in the area again soon

Hopefully will have a report on Somerset to post up tomorrow arvo .
    Shawn

i just got back from wkend at somerset , managed a few fish but red claw very scarce. Caught a few from overnight soak , bout to cook them up now.
    will try post a proper report tomorow.
    also, met another ausfish member on one of the ramps, AdamC ?
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Yeah Kingcray, that was me mate. Good to run into you and that you got a few more than me! I found it tough after having a shocking start sleeping in and losing 2 lures in quick succession. Only managed one 40cm on a spinnerbait after trying everything else. Still trying to work the place out a bit.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1937.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	99601  

Haha si I should say the kids caught all the fish, I spent all my time fighting earthworms and getting lures and hooks out of trees, we managed 1 small bass which didn't even make it in the boat, a heap of little grunter, a few decent size tilapia and a big tandan , about a dozen or so good redclaw and loads of little crays

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    Haha si I should say the kids caught all the fish, I spent all my time fighting earthworms and getting lures and hooks out of trees, we managed 1 small bass which didn't even make it in the boat, a heap of little grunter, a few decent size tilapia and a big tandan , about a dozen or so good redclaw and loads of little crays
    sounds like a enjoyable weekend with the kids mate. how did the redclaw turnout?

had a ball mate, just not long enough
    cooked em up in some soy , salt and garlic , my oldest boy bailey (5) ate them all.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	99634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00529.jpg 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	99633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	99632  

Hi I was up at kirkliegh somerset for the weekend as well got a few redclaw, around 18 each night. I put 1/2 pilchard in with a slice of rockmelon, usually the pilly seems to get eaten before the melon. The fish were a bit hard to come by I am still sussing them out. did catch quite a few gar had a go live on a float and on the bottom but no touches. tried worms and prawns as well. Fished the edges of the creek/river. Pete

Somerset was good at bay 13/dead tree point before Xmas but very hit and miss atm.
    Maroon is fishing average, mornings are best.
    Borumba has been tough.
    Cressbrook is going pretty good atm, bass schools around the buoys line.
    Bjelke is fishing extremely good, bass aren't too big though
    Boondooma is also going well

Mike, where is "Bay 13" ?

I put the green mark over Bay 13 for you, the rest of the info on the map is a little old now, but those spots would still be worth a try, and I recon those schools I marked (in red) between Kirkleagh and Queen St are a lot closer to Queen St and out towards the middle of the lake.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of SOMERSET 1.jpg 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	99710

Hows this for a school

Name:	Som 2.jpg 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	99711

And this one from a mates sounder before Xmas

Name:	944823_10201632330862940_521361661_n.jpg 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	99712
    ~~~><))))*>

I will be chasing cod next week. Fingers crossed and you might get a report.

Got a 30, 38 and 43 kayaking at lake Macdonald on blades this morning. I'll post pics in a couple of days
    cheers, PP