Thread: Scarborough to Moreton Ferry To Return

Scarborough to Moreton Ferry To Return

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...-1226668838200

Does anyone know if there has been any more movement on this?
    Some locals here say it is a done deal , but i cannot find anything to confirm
    cheers
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Re: Scarborough to Moreton Ferry To Return

I heard it was supposed to be running by christmas. Its gone quiet so I suppose I will have to wait until i get camping to moreton again

I heard talk of a passenger only ferry about a year ago from Scarby to Bulwer, but am yet to hear any more of it since.
    Jack.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

The Main issue here will be the appropriate permits, and the reduction in Camping locations on the island.

Apparently there has been a barge built and sold. It was built overseas of course. The person is now building another 2 barges. When he sells one of those he will have the other for near to no cost. so goes the story. Then there is the issue of permits to dredge at the outside of the Scarborough harbour. There is a problem there with the authorities. He will probably win in the end but that is all I know. His name is Chris Bale and he owns a house at the top of the hill behind Tangalooma, so he has a vested interest in Moreton Island.

If this is successful will the barge be able to carry vehicles towing boats or will it be strictly for cars & passengers only?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

It will be able to take boats and trailers just like all the existing and past ferries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonus View Post
    It will be able to take boats and trailers just like all the existing and past ferries.
    Thanks Bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!