Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seafood takeaway

Seafood takeaway

I ordered a meal from a seafood takeaway at woody point tonight, seafood town.

2 pieces of snapper, calamari and chips.

i hate paying good money for. shit.

i rang to complain that the meal was 80% breadcrumb and 20% fish.

the calamari was the same.

i spoke to the owner and i was told the snapper was from the soloman islands.
    i said this is Australia and their online site says Qld seafood straight off the trawlers.
    i said my piece and he said well i wasnt the sort of customer that he wants and told me to get f........ As i did in return.

if this is sort of business that operates in our local area, then we dont want it.
    its the last time seafood town will get any business from me.

The owners only pitch was that they had the most exspensive breadcrumbs in the district, no other mention about the quality of the fish.

#seafood town redcliffe

Re: Seafood takeaway

Nothing worse than getting crap takeaway mate!
    We had fish and chips from the place next to our resort here at Hervey Bay last night, and whilst the food was ok, we waited 1 hour 20 mins!! There were a number of very cranky parents with kids also waiting waiting waiting. The common theme amongst everyone we chatted to, was if they told us it was going to take so long, we would have gone elsewhere. But no, they just kept taking orders. NO WAY would I go back. Went past tonight on the way to Coast (excellent food and service), there were dozens of people outside the same fish shop, and they didn't look happy!!
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

It just pisses me off when you spend good money for shit, and really dont care

I had a similar experience with the Red Dolphin at Margate a year ago......hugely expensive and in the end im pretty sure it was basa.

Recently heard a scathing review about Fish on Flinders......the guy went off his nut for being served crap.
    Jack.

Greg, bad luck mate. I actually had a good meal there with the kids, Pretty piss poor service you had though by the sounds of it
    i know the guys who run Fish on Flinders .... lets just say , if im eating seafood in sandgate, i will go to Dougs.
    Red Dolphin is always CRAP dont know how the place stays open
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Sounds so typical nowadays.......top dollar crap service and product.......We don't buy fish'n'chips any more just been disappointed too many times I suppose.........And it hasn't been cheap for a long time either.........Funny thing we have up here access to fresh local saltwater Barra but every chip shop has only Imported crap from god only knows where.Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Good service, Good food, Good prices.

Haven't been to a takeaway seafood place where you could pick more than 2 of those options.

I've blacklisted that many places its not funny.. And I'm running out of places to eat.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

I havnt tried fish on flinders.Dean I have been to Dougs. Always been good. Red dolphin, forget it. I asked for a couple slices of bread for the grandkids to feed the seagulls after we bought about 6 icecreams and they charged me for the bread. I think they only survive on the day trippers and yes Jack it is Bassa.Seafood lovers is the best that i have had on the peninsula. Not the greatest, just best from a poor selection. At margate. They wernt open last night.
    if only i could catch fish.lol
    have good new year everyone.

agree on Seafood Lovers , not a bad place to sit and have a beer while having lunch too.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

+1 for Dougs

seafood lovers is the best i have found on the peninsula
    Tight Lines

Split-shot

Our local has the different fillets on display with prices. You pick the fillet then they cook it. Seems a better way to do it imo.

they stay in business because the average joe doesn't know any better. i get a kick out of turning non fish eaters into fish eaters and have claimed a few scalps over the years including my secretary, my best mate and his wife. they still won't get fish from a shop tho.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I always look in the window of the fish n chip shops and 95% of the time its the bassa and nile perch crapp that i don't know how anyone can eat.. There is one shop though in Benowa gardens shopping complex that has just awesome fish.. its priced accordingly and i have eaten there once (if i want some fish i will go get a few whiting or flathead) I'm a bit lucky in being able to see if the fish is either fresh or what it says it is being an avid fisherman and a chef for many years.. Anyway it was as good a piece of coral trout as i have caught myself..If you think the service i and the produce are bad, have a crack at the utter rubbish they serve up in Surfers Paradise.. Its embarrassing.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Best fish and chips you will find anywhere : Cardwell NQ. Yum!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fruit salad is the new Bacon