Thread: Ssangyong Kyron Sports?

Ssangyong Kyron Sports?

So I was looking at the suzuki 4wd's and they are all good but not many come in desiel and my dad said If I want a 4wd its best to get
    one in desiel. I was looking at cars and noticed the Ssangyong Kyron, saw some videos on youtube and they look pretty good.
    But has anyone had one? More so what's the difference between sports edition and base model.

Also how cheap are parts compared to say suzuki parts?

Re: Ssangyong Kyron Sports?

My neighbour used to have a Kyron and he didnt like it at all. Traded it for a Holden Jackeroo.
    Im only guessing, but I reckon suzi parts may be cheaper, but would certainly be easier to find. Also there would be heaps more aftermarket gear for Suzis than a sangyong.

I wouldnt limit yourself to diesel either IMO. What are your intentions with the vehicle ?

EDIT: Just saw your other thread and personally, for your needs, I certainly wouldnt be narrowing your field of choice to diesel only. I'll throw another vehicle in the mix, a Mitsubishi PA Challanger. No idea what your budget is, but can get a decent one for under 10k.
    http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...-14691353&Cr=2

Well I do kayak fishing and love camping.. So I'd be using it for long trips, 4wd'ing, beach driving, camping..
    I plan to goto cape york for a trip with cousins in a 2016 or end of 2015.
    My budget would be max $15k..

A well looked after Land Rover Discovery 2 either v8 on sequential lpg or td5. You wont be getting stuck on the beach. Excellent long distance vehicle and reliable when looked after.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Would recomend staying away from the ssangyong kyron , they have a lot of electrical problems and cost a fortune to fix . Problems with injectors , air flow sensors , glow plugs and associated wiring . Better staying with something a bit more mainstream , mitsubishi , toyota , holden , suzuki , nissan .
    Good luck with which ever way you go .
    Cheers jimmy