Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP jacksons creek

Re: RIP jacksons creek

Airport? Coochiemudlo

They would land on one side and then fall off the other - becoming crab bait...

Quote Originally Posted by wrip109 View Post
    Airport? Coochiemudlo

They would land on one side and then fall off the other - becoming crab bait...
    I'm liking this conversation more and more. Artificial reefs all around the island. Great!

Might be a problem with the type of usage and aircraft at Amberley compared with Richmond, one is a fighter base and the other transport hub.
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Hey Triple,

My neighbour growing up was Mick Lihou, lived next door to my dad until he passed away a few years ago..

Thanks for the pick of " Micks boat" sitting in the mouth of serpentine creek shows just a very small portion of what has been lost..

Serpentine creek was a fair expanse of waterway from all reports..

I was too young to know unfortunately, but have heard many fishing and crabbing stories from Mick and my old man over the years!

Learnt alot from old poppa Mick growing up, great man and even greater fisherman!

When I was young my dad would take me to Lower Nudgee then along to Landers Pocket. He would have a key for the gate into the airport reserve, he would drop me off and I would crab in Serpentine Creek. Had also fished at Cribb Island a few times. It was greate to see some of the old maps.

Steve