Thread: Have the Spaniards turned up yet?

Have the Spaniards turned up yet?

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if the Spanish have turned up yet? Seems there has been the odd word/reports from the Cape but I was wondering if they are around Pt Lookout?

Seems the water temp is up to 25 degrees and there are other pelagics (i.e. Mac Tuna, Dollies etc) firing up. I have heard some rumours about spotties as well and we got one a few weeks ago around Pt Lookout but nothing for me since.

Anything useful would be appreciated - I guess I just need confirmation of them being around, I will try and sort out catching them.

Thanks

Simon

Re: Have the Spaniards turned up yet?

some have turned up on sunny coast, in real close to i might add...

There are quiet a few off the cape and the odd one off point lookout at the moment but they won't be far away from lookout in numbers now....I have chased them a few times of late at lookout for no joy:-(

Thanks guys - I hit up the Wave Buoy today for some just legal Dollies - What I could not get over is the amount of bait that is hanging off Pt Lookout, literally everywhere and in perfect balls some of them. There were also plenty of birds with their heads down ready to pounce on anything that was brought to the surface.

We trolled and trolled but nothing, trolled a live bait for not even a hit - what do you know I am off overseas for 2 weeks and I reckon they will be on very soon. Hopefully still there when I get back.

Thanks for your replies.

Simon