Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SHAREFARMERS......no respect for royalty

SHAREFARMERS......no respect for royalty

I heard the Crabking got done again either late yesterday or during the night, leaving his pots open....

sooner rather than later some people will take the law into their own hands, SHAREFARMERS beware, it only a matter of time before you are caught

Re: SHAREFARMERS......no respect for royalty

I gave up crabbing due to thieves ! Fisheries need to do more,like the micro chipped crab in a pot,they got the thief at the ramp apparently.

There out of control in the Pine rivers.
    I was out Tues and lost 3 overnight in the South Pine while a mate lost 5 pots in the North Pine on Mon night.
    His ropes were cut and the floats thrown on the bank.

Cheers Dazza

15-20 knt winds the next few days should keep them away...hopefully this arvo I will have better luck..

I know how you feel. Had trip out on Friday morning and put three pots on the inside Bank of the Rouse, as we were headed for Moreton. Returned approx 3 hours later and searched area for approx 40 minutes and no pots. They had about 4 metres of rope on them. Fish wise we ended up with a nice flathead and a Tailor.

Put my order in for some new pots for Christmas.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ashe View Post
    I know how you feel. Had trip out on Friday morning and put three pots on the inside Bank of the Rouse, as we were headed for Moreton. Returned approx 3 hours later and searched area for approx 40 minutes and no pots. They had about 4 metres of rope on them. Fish wise we ended up with a nice flathead and a Tailor.

Put my order in for some new pots for Christmas.
    Cheers
    The Rous can be hard on pots. I run long ropes and heavy pots but they can still move 50m or so on a big tide
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

[QUOTE=Scott Ashe;1526851]I know how you feel. Had trip out on Friday morning and put three pots on the inside Bank of the Rouse, as we were headed for Moreton. Returned approx 3 hours later and searched area for approx 40 minutes and no pots. They had about 4 metres of rope on them. Fish wise we ended up with a nice flathead and a Tailor.

hope u meant at least 4 metres extra rope than the depth, i personally have 45ft leadweighted ropes on my pots, and maximum depth I crab is 30 ft, to allow for current

I use 20 metres of weighted rope in the 8 meters i usually crab, and like Horse said Rouse canbe hard on the pots especially the sharks at times
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    15-20 knt winds the next few days should keep them away...hopefully this arvo I will have better luck..
    How did you go today Rosco? I frequently go crabbing in 15 kts + of wind trying to beat the theives, assuming most are in small boats.

Only other effective way is to not put them under floats, but that entails other risks.

The sad thing about this issue is that i bet a lot of the theives are on this site.(shock, horror).

Plicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin Sea View Post
    How did you go today Rosco? I frequently go crabbing in 15 kts + of wind trying to beat the theives, assuming most are in small boats.

Only other effective way is to not put them under floats, but that entails other risks.

The sad thing about this issue is that i bet a lot of the theives are on this site.(shock, horror).

Plicks!
    Just curious , why would you assume that ?
    Shawn

Because i do not think that the bastards would want to be doing what they are doing in large conspicuos boats, just an educated guess.

There are a zillion tinnys running around the bay.

You think/know otherwise grunta, please fill me in

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin Sea View Post

Plicks!

i also find the assumption that the thieves only have small boats ridiculous....I believe some of the biggest #######s in the world have big boats and would definitely check others pots and take the undersized/Jennie's as well.

Also why do you say that the thieves are members of this site....come on...name them if you know that....I am positive everyone will support you if you do...I know I will.

once again we have someone claiming someone stole their pots, just because they could not find them....seriously guys...inside the Rous, it runs like a bloody freight train sometimes, you need miles of weighted rope and a Bessie block in the pot to slow them down..

now I feel better, I have had my rant lol.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

LOL, read the post champ.

1) Assuming most are in small boats, how much thieving goes on in rough weather? I know I've never had much of a problem and also refer to Roscos post, "15-20 kts should keep them away", obviously experienced similar to what I have, and Ross does a shi$load more crabbing than I do.
    Ridiculous, don't think so.

2) Thieves members, or more specifically on this site.
    Law of averages here, how many members, how many guests???????

3) Was not talking about the Rous pots, not hard to figure out what's happened there.

can tell you fella the crabs are running during the day and females are working at nite,yesterday arvo we got around 20 bugger all females this morning we got another 12 but prob 40 females...head out this arvo and see how it goes....15-20 knts is uncomfortable in the cat where I crab but if you were in a smallish boat you would prob go ass up pullin my heavy duty 1300 round pots I use in 1mtr plus wind chop u get...if I was looking for a feed of crabs I would be dropping them at 4ish in the morning and going out in the arvo to pull them out...wouldn't waste good bait on a nite soak only to catch females