Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SHAREFARMERS......no respect for royalty

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: SHAREFARMERS......no respect for royalty

Once again, my point exactly...I think most of these blokes that sink pots actually have many more than the allowed number, cause they don't give a #### about anyone else. It's always about them.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Good catch rob. Whiting at the Rous?
    yes Greg, whiting at the rouse area, same place as in winter

there are plenty at Lucinder bay, but very small mainly

Greg, mate went out this morning, got over 80 with his wife, said there were some really good fish amongst them

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    If we allowed that sort off apparatus what's to stop people running 20 pot and leaving them in the water all of the time.
    There are a lot easier ways of caching Crab thieves
    Neil

I do respect YOUR opinion, however what is in place now to stop these unscrupulous flouters of the law who have a total disregard of all rules and are all about themselves from running more than 4 pots per person now, even if they are under floats? Would not be hard at all with very little risk of getting caught, i imagine.

Or how about the fella who takes out his ( or his neighbours ) 3 kids aged between 4 and 6, he can [U]legally[U] r un 16 pots, is that reasonable/fair/honest? i dont think so.
    Cheers
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin Sea View Post
    Neil

Or how about the fella who takes out his ( or his neighbours ) 3 kids aged between 4 and 6, he can [U]legally[U] r un 16 pots, is that reasonable/fair/honest? i dont think so.
    Cheers
    Bill
    I do.
    Both my boys help me pull the pots and they have been doing so since they were 4. Now aged 9 and 6..

Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnBJ View Post
    I do.
    Both my boys help me pull the pots and they have been doing so since they were 4. Now aged 9 and 6..

Dazza
    Dazza
    No disrespect intended, you are operating within the realms of the law, up until not so long ago children had to be 15 or more years of age to run pots. Now it is open for interpretation as to who is capable of pulling pots up. Probably a bad choice of example on my part. Its meant in the context of prople being able to pull in anyone to make up numbers to get around the rules.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin Sea View Post
    Neil

I do respect YOUR opinion, however what is in place now to stop these unscrupulous flouters of the law who have a total disregard of all rules and are all about themselves from running more than 4 pots per person now, even if they are under floats? Would not be hard at all with very little risk of getting caught, i imagine.

Cheers
    Bill
    Bill, I'm missing your point. I want to see a better level of enforcement of existing regulations. Hidden cameras, micro chipped crabs and more on water inspections. This is the best way to keep our pots safe. Do the wrong thing and watch your tinny get crushed. It will make the news to get the story out there
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Bill, I'm missing your point. I want to see a better level of enforcement of existing regulations. Hidden cameras, micro chipped crabs and more on water inspections. This is the best way to keep our pots safe. Do the wrong thing and watch your tinny get crushed. It will make the news to get the story out there
    Neil
    It will not ever happen mate, fisheries do not have the resources required.
    That has been my point throught this whole "debate", we would sll like nothing more than to put you pots down then go pick them up without some $#@!wit lifting them, the way it should be but it is not. I do not/will not babysit crab pots, should not be required. Because of these plicks a LOT of guys feel the need to break the rules themselves, with the cost and time involved i understand why they do.
    My response to you was re Bondys post and my point is there is not enough regulation now, nor do i believe there ever will be.
    This problem has been exacerbated since the baning of dillies (more crap regs)
    It aint goin away.
    What is the answer?

Double post, phones!

Cobia and Horse, I'll leave that for you blokes.

Pros, pay big dollars for licenses , some of that money goes towards funding Fisheries to protect Pro's interests.There has been a freeze on recruitment for 2 years. Since change of Govt, Libs have decided not to replace those that leave the service due to retirement or natural attrition. Micro chips was used to trap a suspected person of stealing crabs from a pro's pot. It was very costly , with two or 3 vessels involved and 8 field staff, including water police. There is no way micro chips will be placed on individual crabs or crab pots belonging to recreational anglers. Cost would be very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Pros, pay big dollars for licenses , some of that money goes towards funding Fisheries to protect Pro's interests.There has been a freeze on recruitment for 2 years. Since change of Govt, Libs have decided not to replace those that leave the service due to retirement or natural attrition. Micro chips was used to trap a suspected person of stealing crabs from a pro's pot. It was very costly , with two or 3 vessels involved and 8 field staff, including water police. There is no way micro chips will be placed on individual crabs or crab pots belonging to recreational anglers. Cost would be very expensive.
    Its time to push our local members to make them realize the nature of the issue. If the fines were reasonable we would recoup our costs very quickly. The cost of microchipping is insignificant. They only need to catch half a dozen and crush their boats to get the message out there
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Bondy, you are asking a lot of a poor Mangrove tree to have me and Cobiaman hiding in it. Camo or no camo I think we would a bit of a giveaway
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Word on the street says you hide out in camo clothes in trees all the time......

Bondy, you are asking a lot of a poor Mangrove tree to have me and Cobiaman hiding in it. Camo or no camo I think we would a bit of a giveaway
    Poor tree....