Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SHAREFARMERS......no respect for royalty

Re: SHAREFARMERS......no respect for royalty

Yep, the bait tied into the stockings is an old trick that works well. Tangled in stockings and youve got them pretty easy. Used to do the same think in Coomera river for muddies.

havent done it for years though.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Their is a way around not having your pots stolen. Law states we have to have a float and personal details. No reason we cant tie a few bricks to the float and sink it and grapple it later. Seen to be doing the right thing you retrieve your pot with float connected to the rope. I notice some people say they abide by the law. Ever run a red light or not stopped at a stop sign. Ever had your car broken into or stolen even though you did the right thing and locked it. Its a dog eat dog world now days. I say do what ya gota do to protect your property.

Quote Originally Posted by CruiserV8100 View Post
    Their is a way around not having your pots stolen. Law states we have to have a float and personal details. No reason we cant tie a few bricks to the float and sink it and grapple it later. Seen to be doing the right thing you retrieve your pot with float connected to the rope. I notice some people say they abide by the law. Ever run a red light or not stopped at a stop sign. Ever had your car broken into or stolen even though you did the right thing and locked it. Its a dog eat dog world now days. I say do what ya gota do to protect your property.
    The rules say light coloured surface float
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I've sunken pots to stop them getting stolen. I've also accidentally run over pot floats, even with the big spotty on, early in the morning going out, and late at night coming home. I've never lost a sunken pot, but I'm sure I've been blamed for stolen ones. I didn't mean it. Sorry. Merry Christmas......

Buggers !

We've got a sweet spot at the Pin see's the odd pot lost and the odd dickwadfarmer ends up with a sinkers thrown at them

hunting wabbits !

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    good point. i haven't done that for a few seasons now but i remember the last time i managed 12 on the line and 18 in the pots before lunch. i was anchored and chasing snapper but the crabs were cleaning up the baits so i gave up on the snaps and caught crabs. haven't tried the tangled line thing tho and i like it.
    do you use heavy or light line for your tangle? i imagine light line would be pia to untangle but does it catch better than heavy?
    Usually about 8lb line or similar for the tangle.
    Jack.

I would never sink my pots and break the law, but I can't help it if someone runs over my pots and the rope is cut and I have to go back with my reef pick and find them, happens every time!

Settle it down please gents. 2 complaints about the thread.... I really don't want to have to start deleting posts.

Crap pots? I don't care where you put them as long as its not in the dams chasing redclaw (which are illegal). Probably get share farmed there too..........

Merry Christmas to all......
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like the whinges and whiners don't like the fact that someone disagrees with them on this topic, so they complain to the moderators. I stand by what I say, you will break the rules when it suits you instead of looking for an alternative. So get this post removed as well if you like.

my point is if you are prepared to break one rule, you probably break others, that's your character right there.

So have a whinge about this post as well. Time I moved on.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post
    Looks like the whinges and whiners don't like the fact that someone disagrees with them on this topic, so they complain to the moderators. I stand by what I say, you will break the rules when it suits you instead of looking for an alternative. So get this post removed as well if you like.

my point is if you are prepared to break one rule, you probably break others, that's your character right there.

So have a whinge about this post as well. Time I moved on.
    No one has a problem with anyone disagreeing on a topic. There is a problem with name calling and insults directed at other members. That gets posts deleted.

I went out yesterday 4am ended up with 13 sandcrabs out of 5 pots, other 3 pots empty but not raided in 5 1/2 hr soak, it was lumpy maybe kept sharefarmers home.....also about 50 whiting

Good catch rob. Whiting at the Rous?

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Bondy, while the sort of equipment you are talking about is used extensively in the commercial sector for fish traps etc. it is not legal for recreational crabbing in Queensland

When not attached to a fixed object (for example tied to a tree above the high water mark), all crab apparatus must have a light coloured surface float attached. The float must not be less than 15 cm in any dimension and must be marked clearly with the owner's name.
    When tied to a fixed object, a tag must also be attached to part of the rope that is above the high water mark. The tag must be marked clearly with the owner's name.
    G'day Horse, Yes it would be with the owners name and address etc. Technology changes, the law needs to change to keep up with technology...Some laws in Qld are very old going back to 1826 and still enforceable. I am aware of the devices used by commercial sectors.....in my opinion this should be extended to recreational users as it may put an end to mongrels stealing pots due to a float attached. To me personally Qld Fisheries are encouraging people to steal pots due to that regulation...must be attached. blah blah blah , that's my beef. The Fisheries Act and Regulations are in place for a reason but need to be revised, revamped and remodeled to reflect 21st Century, not based on 19th Century population. Cheers, Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    G'day Horse, Yes it would be with the owners name and address etc. Technology changes, the law needs to change to keep up with technology...Some laws in Qld are very old going back to 1826 and still enforceable. I am aware of the devices used by commercial sectors.....in my opinion this should be extended to recreational users as it may put an end to mongrels stealing pots due to a float attached. To me personally Qld Fisheries are encouraging people to steal pots due to that regulation...must be attached. blah blah blah , that's my beef. The Fisheries Act and Regulations are in place for a reason but need to be revised, revamped and remodeled to reflect 21st Century, not based on 19th Century population. Cheers, Bondy
    Bondy, try hiding out in camo clothing and hiding in trees. No pots will get stolen....

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    If we allowed that sort off apparatus what's to stop people running 20 pot and leaving them in the water all of the time.
    There are a lot easier ways of caching Crab thieves
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"