Thread: Best place to put in for palm beach/mermaid reef

Best place to put in for palm beach/mermaid reef

Hey guys,

I want to chase some mackerel over the holidays and I was just wondering where is the best place to launch my 4.2m tinny?

I cross the seaway frequently and head out to around the 12's - 24's with no problems. The trip from the seaway to mermaid is a little far for my liking though. Is currumbin or tallebudgera crossable? All considering the weather is right of course!

Thanks,

Merry Xmas!

Re: Best place to put in for palm beach/mermaid reef

Currumbin is probably your best bet,you are not taking on the swell straight on,you can sneak up the gutter North of the wall,I am heading out in the morning,see what we can find.

Is that the only way u go giffo?
    i have never been there. Is it safe to cross. We are coming down to coast in morning. Want to have a fish at palm reef or up at the 24 or 36s.

was also thinking of just going out through seaway. We are fishing off jet skis

cheers
    greg

I used to cross Tally bar all the time when we lived at Burleigh,now I live at Tugun I use Currumbin.Currumbin is better in that you are not taking the swell straight on like Tally,you can sneak down the gutter on the beach and pick your best spot.I am going out in the morning again,probably with a thousand others.