Thread: Fishing Bribie Island

Ausfish Bronze Member Aussie Spirit's Avatar

Fishing Bribie Island

Heading away from Brisbane to Bribie over Xmas haven't fished the area before so was wondering where a few spots of interest are in the area. Have a 3.7 stacer tinny to get around in the passage.

Merry Christmas to all.

Aussie Spirit

Re: Fishing Bribie Island

Red beach and Buckleys hole are my personal favs for land base fishing plent of whiting flatties bream and shovelnoses. If you going to take a tinny check out the reef that's left of of the bridge as your entering bribie, it produces a lot. A mate of mine has been begging me to check out skirmish point he keeps going on about the fish he is pulling out there, personally haven't been. I haven't had much luck at woorum...

Pop in to that boat hire shop that's on the final left turn just before the bridge entering bribie can't remember what's it's called but they are pretty nice there and can prob point you in a better direction.

careful with bluebottles they are literally everywhere at bribie and the fish tend to hide around the snags and weeds for protection.

also make sure u check the winds, high winds makes the water very very choppy and the current real strong there. Let us know where and how you go

try Donnybrook area for flathead and whiting. can also be some good catches in the canals..bream etc.

Ausfish Bronze Member Aussie Spirit's Avatar

Tried a few crab pots overnight 8 jennies and two undersized bucks. That was was towards sandstone point just outside the canal near the starboard green maker.
    Aussie Spirit
    Stacer Proline 3.75
    Rego: WG951Q