Thread: Minn Kota problems

Minn Kota problems

I haven't had much luck over my holidays as the fishing was quiet,damaged the paint work on the boat and finally the minn kota decided to pack it in on the second week of my holiday,bugger.
    The Minn kota is a 55 bow mount riptide with auto pilot with the oval shaped plug on the foot pedal and it was working okay one minute and the next absolutely nothing.I have checked that it is getting power to the control board at the rear of the unit but nothing works such as steering or prop does not spin at all. The board in the foot pedal was replaced about a year ago so has anyone had similar problems and if so what it might be?

Re: Minn Cota problems

i had problems with the foot pedal set up on mine as well. it is a riptide 55 too. spending $400 and retrofitting an ipilot was a great solution. i haven't looked back...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I don't get it. I have the same lekky and I am up to my 3rd foot petal now. These guys are supposed to be the bees knees for robustness and reliability and the comment I got when I replaced the last foot petal is how lucky I was to get 3 years out of the last one. I look after it and even soak it in a bucket of detergent at the end of the day to clear the salt/mud.

where are you if you are close to redlands i can give you a loan of a foot pedal to try.
    Cheers
    Ray

Re: Minn Kota problems

Depends on the model. My old RT65 has a different connection to the new one. BLA told me just rince the foot control with water only. The older ones get corrosion around the plug connection so keep the Inox up to them.

My RT55 died up at Burketown while barra fishing this year. I had a new control board freighted to Townsville and I fixed it myself. I've had them die during trips and holidays before.....not happy.

yeah the foot pedals are certainly a weak point. I've just ordered my 3rd one for my motor (Riptide SP v2 - round plug) and usually only get about 3 years out of them too. Found Amazon to be the cheapest place to order them, around $100 delivered.

Netmaker - where did you order the iPilot conversion kit from? - been seriously thinking about this if I can fit it to my model..

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    yeah the foot pedals are certainly a weak point. I've just ordered my 3rd one for my motor (Riptide SP v2 - round plug) and usually only get about 3 years out of them too. Found Amazon to be the cheapest place to order them, around $100 delivered.

Netmaker - where did you order the iPilot conversion kit from? - been seriously thinking about this if I can fit it to my model..
    us website - digitaloasis.com
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

you can convert the flat plug ones also. there is a bloke at capalaba who will do it for you.
    cheers
    ray