Thread: Waterproof inverter....do they exist?

Waterproof inverter....do they exist?

Looking for a low powered say 150watt 12 to 240v sine wave inverter I can use in the boat when necessary, I might even fix it somewhere inside the CC which is spray and rain proof.

Does one exist that might suit a boat better than they typical ones.

Re: Waterproof inverter....do they exist?

marine yes - waterproof inot so sure but the pelican style case we keep it in costs more than the inverter.

we just use cheapo can one and a waeco but in that wattage we have found that just about every charger has a 12v version available cheap . We try and keep 240 off the boat.

No idea how efficient the can one is but for the price and the little use we don't care but the little waeco one has copped a pizzling and is still OK. Think this must be a newer version and cheaper than we paid .

I don't know this co but came up on search.

http://www.12volttechnology.com.au/w...-inverter.html

Re: Waterproof inverter....do they exist?

Mount it in an electrical enclosure. Years ago I owned a 16 ft Clark Abalone. This was pre-LCD sounder days. I had a chart sounder on the console mounted in an enclosure with inspection window. It worked a treat. The sounder was perfect until I sold the boat. Go to an electrical wholesaler and check it out.