Thread: Heading out Tomorrow.What would be the Better Option with the Forecast.

Heading out Tomorrow.What would be the Better Option with the Forecast.

Morning All,

Tomorrow I have been asked to take my mate out and a lady friend of his, and with the E to NE forecast, I am unsure whether to Sand Crab around the Banana Bank or Mud Crab the Logan River, and just wondering what option you would think may be best.

ps My Boat is a 4.25m Ally Craft

Cheers.

Re: Heading out Tomorrow.What would be the Better Option with the Forecast.

G'day Scott,

Sand crabs are a bit patchy I've been told . Mud crabbing might be better, soak the pots in the water for at least an hour then check them. Good luck with it.

Cheers, Bondy

If you want a great day on the water I would drop some pots on Banana Banks or SW rocks to Spit and then go take it easy in horseshoe Bay for a swim.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Horse,

You been getting a feed of sandies?

Bondy

There is every chance you will get both sandies and muddies at the mouth of the logan. But I think sandies are less hit and miss in the bay around peel, you should at least get something from all reports I am seeing

scalem

Scalem,

I was out at Peel 3 weeks ago and nothing. 2 blokes and 8 pots, deep water.

Bondy

bondy,we got around 30 sandies today,if you know where to look you will still find them in numbers,i normally kill them on the eastern side of coochie this time of year...

So it that where you got today's catch.

sent using TapTalk
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

nah bruce but if I still had my 13ft tinny the pots would be at coochie as we speak...every xmas they are there in reasonable numbers.

roscoe1974,

You did well then. Your crabbing background serve you well. Definitely none where we were.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    roscoe1974,

You did well then. Your crabbing background serve you well. Definitely none where we were.
    Hey Bondy, just an FYI I threw the boat in late Yesterday from 9.30 to 2pm to scrape up a lunch for a reunion with people I have not seen in years. Set only two pots between coochie and Mclay for 4 of the best quality swimmers you will find. All 4 were way bigger than the min size for muddies let alone sandies. I need another two from a bloke who is getting more stock soon, but they are nice pots with 10 mm rings for $20 Each.

Gotta be be happy with that, there were no parks left at Weiman creek which shows just how many people are on the water. It was a slalom course in some parts avoiding floats but I still got a feed!

Scalem