Thread: Hervey Bay

Hervey Bay

I posted about this a few years back but times have changed now!

Heading up to hervey bay, have a 3.7M fibreglass boat with a 15hp on it.

Was looking for some fresh ideas on where I could get to safely?

Wanting to give a bit of reef fishing and if calm enough was hoping to heading around to Roy Rufus.

If the conditions aren't permitting was going to launch at Urangan Harbour and then around and drift from just wide of the peer and down towards vernon point.

Any other ideas or spots?

Re: Hervey Bay

Try gatakers bay or river heads in a northerly

Burrum River. watch the rockbars.

Thanks all for the advice!

Couple more questions if you don't all mind !

1) What is the fishing like down from River Heads was thinking of drifting around the Bunya and Susan direction and down Mary?

2) What time frame will it take launching from Urangan Boat Harbour to get to Gatekers Landing? I could launch that way but the Torquay ramp on the beach I am not sure and I was thinking of drifting down from the pier to part way to Gatekers.

Cheers!

Gatakers bay has two ramps one high tide only and one all tide access. Good reports for threadies in the Mary everywhere

Thanks all for the advice its helping alot!

Also thinking of hitting Tin Can Bay, can anyone comment on the distance from Tin Can Bay to Kauri I did a plot and it came in at 17km's distance.

Would this be correct?

Cheers!

Plenty of options from any of the spots you've mentioned. The key is to choose a location that will be out of the wind.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.