Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick replies and edits of posts greyed out

quick replies and edits of posts greyed out

Ok so I have been away and there appear to have been some changes to this site. The problem I have is that the quick reply pane is greyed (blue actually) out, even when I went to edit a post immediately after posting the same thing happened. Is there something I need to do to fix this.

Re: quick replies and edits of posts greyed out

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Ok so I have been away and there appear to have been some changes to this site. The problem I have is that the quick reply pane is greyed (blue actually) out, even when I went to edit a post immediately after posting the same thing happened. Is there something I need to do to fix this.
    Yes there have been some changes. A major upgrade of the software has been done.

Have not been able to duplicate the issue.

Can you tell me what software you are running?

Windows, version, etc....

Browser, version, etc....

When you go to the advanced mode does it work OK?

using Windows 7 Internet Explorer 10 and advanced does not work either. Before the upgrade I could just post a comment in the quick reply box but now I have to select "Reply" from the thread itself, not a great issue but still couldn't edit my own post.

Steve,

just a note,

IE 10 needs to be changed to compatibility view, The editor does not respond to a return key.

Regards
    Honda.

This is a test on IE11..

Last edited by Ausfish; 09-12-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Todo10

Please clean your web-browser cache as well as cookies and let me know if you still having problens.

I'll also appreciate a screenshot

Thank you,
    Claudio

Steve, Claudio,
    My apologise for delays in getting back to you but currently the forum does seem to work - intermittently, I do need to toggle the compatibility setting when it doesn't work and I am not sure why this is so other than it is MS Clearing the cache and cookies was one of the first things I tried but as I can get it working I am happy with the outcome and will persevere, I don't have the same issue as Honda as when I can get in to reply/edit the return key works for me.
    Last edited by Dignity; 10-12-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: test (and mispelling of Claudio)

ok - on another PC in another location using similar software and find that if I am in full screen view, replies are greyed out but if I "restore down" it works and vice versa, if I am using a reduced window I need to "maximize" for the grey box to disappear. Windows 7 and IE 10.

Edit: How I stumbled upon this was that I was going to take a Screen dump and wanted to minimize the amount I was going to post ( I know I could have used the snipping tool but I did want show the tool bars an all) but once I restore down/maximized I could enter my message/edit but no longer do an alt/prt scrn.
    Last edited by Dignity; 13-12-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: add additional info

Todo10

IE has many compatibility issues not only with this forum software so my suggestion is to use another web-browser like Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/) or Google Chrome (https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/?hl=en)

Both are much better than IE and usign them you won't have more issues with the Editor

Typing messages has become a pain in the backside. The new built in spell checker/editor is so slow. I can type fairly quickly without errors usually but the changes to this site have made it a painful exercise in typing.

Please don't tell me to change browsers. IE works fine for me everywhere else on the net. Also when I hit quick reply, sometimes, only sometimes, I get a pop up message asking if I want to leave this page ? ? ? Then my post is lost.

I do not support IE, you may want to get onto Microsoft support website to see if they can help you.

As stated above, there is always going to be compatibility issues with IE.

Have you tried changing your compatibility settings?
    The forum should force it to IE9 but does not work with all versions of IE.
    What version are you using?

If you do not want to take a few minutes to change to a better browser there is not much more I can suggest.
    Last edited by Ausfish; 14-12-2013 at 11:16 AM.

I have upgraded to IE11 and surprisingly things are working fine.

Steve, suggesting to change browsers is a bit like asking people to move from android phones to IPhones etc, never will happen. I have enough trouble with my wife using any software at the moment without her having to learn anything new, even upgrades confuse her when icons shift, menus change etc.

I have upgraded to IE11 and surprisingly things are working fine.

Steve, suggesting to change browsers is a bit like asking people to move from android phones to IPhones etc, never will happen. I have enough trouble with my wife using any software at the moment without her having to learn anything new, even upgrades confuse her when icons shift, menus change etc.
    So it is looks like it is making use IE9 compatibility, so good to hear it is working for you. Not asking people to change, just suggesting if they want things to work and have less compatibility issues, and browse the Internet faster, they should consider using a better browser. Each to their own.

Just saw this and thought it was very fitting to this subject.

Sadly though many people don't realise how bad things can be until they try something different

IESLOW.jpg