Thread: Coral Sea Last Minute... Any Takers????

Coral Sea Last Minute... Any Takers????

Hi all,

Just throwing it out here..
    Myself and a few mates have a trip booked out of Townsville with Northern Conquest Charters to Flinders Reef for a week. Unfortunately due to weather the trip was postponed last week and rescheduled for the week of the 16th of Dec.
    Now, because of the reschedule, 3 of the lads can't make it. So although this is extremely short notice I thought I'd throw it out here for anyone thats keen on some arm stretching action. We paid $2700ea & the charter company are letting them go for $2000 neat. The trip is on their 60' main boat, a 5.2 CC & a 4.2 Tinny. Leave's Townsville harbour Sunday the 15th at 6pm, back Saturday Morning 6am with 5 full days fishing.

If you need any encouragement check out Fertile's video of his trip just recently in the saltwater fishing section on the forum.

So if by chance you are keen on the chance to come fishing with some good lads & catch that fish of a lifetime, and are keen on some sore arms & back and maybe that chance of having a Xmas prezzie like no other then please get in touch with me or Northern Conquest Charters & lets go get amongst it!!!!

Re: Coral Sea Last Minute... Any Takers????

Stiiiiiillllllll keeeen if your shouting.... Just saying

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

I reckon even if I shouted you wouldn't be allowed Boony!! Haha who
    u foolin!!

Man, that's a cheap deal! Good luck out there. Should be plenty of Doggies running this time of year.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Hi mate
    Would love to go but to much happening before Christmas,most impotently are you taking the gopro,will have to settle for a video
    cheers Craig

Sure am mate, have bought some extra gadgets so I get some good footage..can't wait.

What's the aim of the group? Popping? Jigging? Freezer filling?
    On our trip out there, we found the popping, jigging trolling fairly tough, but the fish were all good size. Trout up to 10kg on poppers, big Spaniards, a few cracking Gts (not many though), a few Doggies, and horse Red Bass. It was not the mind blowing hot spot we had presumed though. We really had to work for the strikes we got, despite it being the most crazy fishy looking place on the entire planet! The water is like air, so clear! Despite saying that, we are going back in September next year, so it's obviously got its hooks into me.
    Here's the link to my report
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ighlight=fever

Yeah mate, def the aim is sportfishing.. We all fish offshore regularly so not overly concerned with fillets.. Just some trophies. We never use poppers/plastics and rarely jig so keen to give it a go.
    Hopefully since it's a bit hotter now & a full moon might arc em up some... You guys got some nice fish tho!

Being later in the year should certainly make it fire better for the doggies! We struggled to find much current, which particularly for the GTs is essential.
    You'll have an awesome trip, and I'm jealous as hell!

Mick, buy Jill a place on the trip
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Haha Neil.. I actually thought about it, but, she said she knows boys is boys on a charter.. How bout u mate!! Get on board!!!

Mick, that is a trip I would love to do but I can't see the Minister of War and Finance coming to the party this time.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Kaypee, there is a Townsville based forum that would be worth posting on for takers at this late stage- Google fishing forum townsville.

Id love to go but will be leaving for Xmas that day and probably not allowed anyway but 2k for that is outstanding value.