Thread: Anyone got a spare knob?

Anyone got a spare knob?

Hey Peeps,
    Long story short, the knob on my Saragosa 18000 came undone somehow and silly me put it back in the rod holder and the rod spun around and the knob slid off, bounced on the gunwale into the blue.

Just thought id check if anyone had something lying around they would be happy to part with.

I'm in the cairns FNQ area

Many thanks

Matt

Re: Anyone got a spare knob?

My neighbour goes alright at impersonating one, where can i send him so he is of some use ?.

SEriously though good luck with it.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

ring shimano spare parts/service division (02) 9526 5279
    should be under $20 inc postage,ive lost a few knobs they are pretty cheap.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Cheers mate. I gave them a call and they are going to send one out. Was $77,I thought 20 was a bit cheap.
    Now watch someone chime in and say they have a spare one. Lol.

Thanks

thats bloody expensive for a knob, the knobs i had replace were from smaller reels2500 4000 stradics were all under $20. i think next time youll be jumping overboard!!

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Matty, contact Andy at the Downriggershop . Com . Au as he sells an alternative that looks pretty nice, good bloke too.

Cheers.

Maybe make one, what was the knob for?
    diy.....
    randell

after re reading this i think your talking about the Drag knob??? i was talking about the handle knob. My mistake. still $77 is pretty steep for a drag knob.

Largish egg handle knob for a shimano saragosa 18000.
    In hindsight I probably could have just drilled a golf ball out and made a pretty sweet handle... Oh well, next time.
    Or should have got a T-bar for my tyrnos and put that on the Sara...

Never mind.
    Thanks all

Yes matt, lots of options out there. In the end, she'll be back to original.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

same price for a tyrnos knob, bought one for the tld25 and was staggered at the cost, if I didn't need it in a hurry I would have checked at the local pawn shops as sometimes you can buy some quality reels cheap if they have been there for a while. I had mate buy a tyrnos 20 for $120, he stripped it and it looked like it had never been used.