Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum will be offline today

Forum will be offline today

Will be doing some upgrades to the forum today, when I get time, so it will be off line for a while.

Hopefully it will all run smoothly, unlike the other day :-) and will not be off line too long.

Re: Forum will be offline today

Most of the upgrade has been done.

Had to revert to a backup of the data last night so a few posts that were posted last night may be missing.

Otherwise though everything should be working fine.

If you notice anything that needs fixing please feel free to post here and let me know

Hi Steve,

Lost some post I made yesterday and the update has also introduced the issue of not being able to do carriage returns when using IE. This same issue is popping up on forums all over the place.

The work-around is to switch to Advanced Mode and then to switch the editor mode by clicking on the A/A button on the top left of the edit window - just above the Bold button.

Ben.

Sorry about the lost posts, was unavoidable.

Thanks, will look into the IE issue. Don't use it myself and haven't tested in it yet.

Hopefuly will find a work around for it

Quote Originally Posted by morphias View Post
    Hi Steve,

Lost some post I made yesterday and the update has also introduced the issue of not being able to do carriage returns when using IE. This same issue is popping up on forums all over the place.

The work-around is to switch to Advanced Mode and then to switch the editor mode by clicking on the A/A button on the top left of the edit window - just above the Bold button.

Ben.
    Can not get IE to replicate the issue to mention.

What version/build are you using?

test

test

test

Test in IE

Test in IE
    TEST in IE

IE 10 mate

Quote Originally Posted by morphias View Post
    IE 10 mate
    Ok, looks like another IE issue. will see what can be done. Just had a look around and looks like a lot of people are having this issue with IE 10

Can't add emoticons, might be just me but thought I would mention it in case related to the upgrade, I'm using IE 11, will try Safari later on.

They are there, just not next to the quick reply box. Just click on the Smiley Icon along the top of the quick reply box.

Not working for me, see if anyone as any issues I guess, I can live without them

I'm having trouble typing responses. Letters not showing up. Running IE 11. Working fine in word so its not keyboard.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

You may have popup blockers enabled?

See pics attached of what you should see and where to click

Attachment 98491

Attachment 98492

Question Re: Forum will be offline today

Manage attachments issue?

i.e. upload image doesn't seem to be working?? to then select in post....and 'the pop-up page' that showed previously uploaded images is blank/white??
    i.e. still get a 'pop-up page' using FF 25.0.1 (no changes my end), but no thumbnail images seem to load??

p.s. emoticons seem 2be fine