Thread: Linden Banks Advice

Linden Banks Advice

Hey guys,

I own a 5.2m half cabin with a very reliable 115hp evinrude on the back, I have done a heap of fishing around a lot of the reefs in Cairns but have never ventured out to Linden, just after some tips/pointers for tackling the joint.

I havent looked much into it at all yet apart from staring at pics of all the giants caught out there.

Thanks heaps

Ben

Re: Linden Banks Advice

Hey mate, we fished Linden a month ago on charter in a 32' game boat. I would say that it's right on the edge of your rigs capacity!! The anchorage inside the reef is pretty good and there is GTs and reefies all through the area, especially the inside bombies. The cairns locals can give you more detailed info, but it's a cool place for sure!
    We got this guy there
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Yeah there are some monsters out there haha.

As for distance wise though I have no doubt the boat would be capable, I have taken it on some pretty long distance trips before and its always been alright plus I would only go out on very flat days.

I'm out there a bit and have seen tiniest out there .. Sure it's 65km but on flat days it'd just a matter of fuel and watching the weather.