Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest Logan River Bull Shark??

Re: Biggest Logan River Bull Shark??

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    The 10fter is definitely a bully.

Great stuff, Conco46. You caught any other species in the bay area?

Cuzza
    Only white n black tip reefys 1 black tip was 10ft havnt caught anything bigger than 10ft yet

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk
    Screaming drag is my drug

Got this guy in the logan river during the warmer months last year, it measured just over 1.4 meters.It put up a hell of a fight Too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Got this guy in the logan river during the warmer months last year, it measured just over 1.4 meters.It put up a hell of a fight Too.
    nice mate that's the biggest ive SEEN in the logan, iv heard of bigger but no photo proof, I reckon that's the biggest one yet for the logan, well done, & good on ya for getting a photo

how many metres is 10 ft?
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    how many metres is 10 ft?
    3.3 meters

3.048 metres

I caught a bull shark in the Mary river, and the girth was so wide, that I realised I could not get it into the boat without tipping the 4.1m boat over. I thought of tying the tail by rope and dragging it back to the ramp, but decided this was a waste, as it would just rot away and stink up the ramp. Then I realised that I probably couldnt fillet it at the ramp either. It might have been 7-8 ft long, and I was on my own. This was before the 1.5m limit came in.

Ever since then, Ive been wondering what will I do with the next legal shark? Should I get a few fillets? Are they worth eating or not? Is ammonia an issue?

Assuming that the shark is under 1.5m and legal........of course
    Last edited by the gecko; 20-08-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by the gecko View Post
    I caught a bull shark in the Mary river, and the girth was so wide, that I realised I could not get it into the boat without tipping the 4.1m boat over. I thought of tying the tail by rope and dragging it back to the ramp, but decided this was a waste, as it would just rot away and stink up the ramp. Then I realised that I probably couldnt fillet it at the ramp either. It might have been 7-8 ft long, and I was on my own. This was before the 1.5m limit came in.

Ever since then, Ive been wondering what will I do with the next legal shark? Should I get a few fillets? Are they worth eating or not? Is ammonia an issue?

Assuming that the shark is under 1.5m and legal........of course
    Mate, I personally don't like them. If you do try one, though, be sure to cut off the head and tail immediately after capture. This will bleed 'em well.

Cuzza

You should cut the tail to bleed them, but that's it. You don't wan't it to die to quickly as you want it to pump out as much blood as possible. And the ammonia contained in shark's less than 1.5m shouldn't be a problem. Once filleted try leaving some nice steaks in the fridge for a few days before cooking it up. You'll be surprised how good the bull sharks taste.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by conco46 View Post

all these bullies are caught in under 5 meters of water, people ski in the same spot.
    caught these 2 in the same spot

http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/co...ml?sort=3&o=11

http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/co...tml?sort=3&o=7

I love shark fishing its so under rated
    mmm,
    i think the first one is shovel nose and second is a leopard shark, or maybe my photobucket has been hacked....
    just saying.
    Cheers
    Chong
    Cheers,
    Chong

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    mmm,
    i think the first one is shovel nose and second is a leopard shark, or maybe my photobucket has been hacked....
    just saying.
    Cheers
    Chong
    Came up with bull shark.
    Therez 6 links
    Think ur ends playin up mate

Quote Originally Posted by conco46 View Post
    Came up with bull shark.
    Therez 6 links
    Think ur ends playin up mate

Nah mate, definitely a shovel in the first pic and a leopard in the second. Something up with the photobucket maybe....