Thread: How big is this carp?

How big is this carp?

G'day guys. Caught this big son of a bitch yesterday down at a little lake on my lightweight fly rod. Amazing battle. He measured about 70cm but i forgot scales so i have no idea how much he weighs. I reckon about 7kg, but i have never been good at weight assumption s i could be well off.
    Any rough estimates?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: How big is this carp?

Im guessing 3.5kg?

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

I'm with Muddytoes on this - probably slightly under 3.5 kgs. We have plenty of them down here in Mexico. Still and all, not a bad mudguzzler, though. They certainly punch well above their weight, don't they? A well-conditioned carp of 3.5kg can pull like a cod of twice that weight!

Chunky bugger. Well done on fly.
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!

Yeah they sure fight hard. Gotta be some of the best fish to target on light gear.

What sorta fly did u use

Wherever you caught it - and well done on that score, don't keep this a secret where you caught it will you? If there are many more like this one in this "Little lake" I think it's a good move to make a full assault on these noxious fish. This one is definitely a breeder. Not meaning to offend, if this lake is on private property then keep it quiet, if not, get as many caught and destroyed as possible.

Scalem