Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightning Nearly Takes Out Boatshed!!

Re: Lightning Nearly Takes Out Boatshed!!

Tony,

Sounds like they are Ok, maybe run one of your start batteries down to a battery place for a quick test.. least you will have peace of mind knowing at least one is good..

Regards
    HOnda.

I have dealt with a lot of lighting damage over the years. You don't need a direct strike to something to cause damage. If the strike was that close, I would be suspicious of everything electronic. Stuff may fail 6-12 months down the track as a result of a near strike. Keep records of current claims for insurance purposes down the track. A good electronics tech will will help with confirming claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean ric. A lightning strike that causes damage, whether it hit the shed or the tree, is covered under my insurance.

Rang my broker (emailled him Sunday am to give him a heads up) and he said get your sparky in to fix everything, replace the fridge with like for like & keep the receipts, sort the TV that got fried (being picked up tomorrow for assessment) & send him copies of everything & all is covered!!

Happy days.

Tony
    Yeah we got knocked back on insurance a few years back when lightening hit out the front but insurance would only payout on a direct hit.
    Glad your covered!!