Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beef jerky

Re: "smack my arse and call me cindy" beef jerky

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    here's the reviews:

smack my arse and call me cindy - nice heat but lacking a bit in flavour.
    Louisiana hot sauce - good flavour but could do with a little more heat - may try combining the 2 in another batch.
    deli buffalo wings glaze - too hard to beat - great flavour and just the right amount of bite to it.
    I also have a jar of special home made chilli to try next time courtesy of wello pt butcher. flavour and heat seem pretty good so looking forward to trying it out.
    also my local butcher at Birkdale fair has given me a sample bag of Brazilian glaze which has a very nice flavour (not too hot but they don't all need to be hot) and will also get a run next batch.
    Hey Dave, I reckon the Aussie Ring Stinger has a great flavour. It is mango based. I am sure that the Super Butcher at Birkdale will have it. Thanks for the recipe Tangles. I have a bag of my chillies frozen . I think I have just found a use for them. I may not have it on a home made pizza the night before I head out fishing. I used 4 sandcrabs that I caught to make a coconut crab curry the other night. It was superb and easy. Frigging messy to eat but worth it. I will post recipe here if anyone wants. Cheers Dave

thanks mike & mr nanks. the ring stinger will be getting a run in the future and I may have a go at the vroom too! I happen to know someone who is almost a professional chilli grower. in other news, I am now having problems with the dehydrator. a couple of trays have warped from the heat and I have now found out that the fan is not working. I will post up results of after sales service...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

was it Cindy?
    Tangles KFC

Re: beef jerky

well, after sales service was good. replacement arrived today. brand is 5 star chef and the ebay seller is oz plaza. good people to deal with.

So Dave as you pointed out we now cannot smack anyone's arse and call them Cindy. What about if we smack their arse and call them Greg or Steve?

hmmmm. I don't think the allegedly inappropriate word was cindy...

Well done Netmaker. I just finished some ham jerky from the left over ham on the bone. always chewy and salty.
    is time to go fishing yet

Quote Originally Posted by clone trooper View Post
    Well done Netmaker. I just finished some ham jerky from the left over ham on the bone. always chewy and salty.
    mmmmm. ham jerky, that's got me thinking. half a ham left in the fridge and a jar of homemade pineapple chili chutney a mate gave me which should complement the saltiness.

Word of warning, mate bought this scorpion strike from BBQ's galore to try to add some bite to the jerky batches we have been making - DO NOT use too much of this on your jerky (unless you want to play mean practical jokes on others who steal your jerky) and DO NOT rub you hands on ANY important bodyparts after mixing - http://thechillifactory.com/chilli-c...ttest%20CHILLI!!
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.