Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Landcruiser?

Re: Which Landcruiser?

Not as bad as i originally expected, havent exact figures but i do about 500 klicks a week, last car was a Patrol 3.0 litre and this Landy costs an extra 20 bucks fuel a week which i am happy with, i reckon around 11-12 per 100 not being silly, highway and city driving not towing .
    Tangles KFC

Spiderpig,i owned a 76 series 2010 model for 3 years.
    I towed a boat just under 3500kg & did it with ease...they are a bit soft in the rear although I didn't upgrade suspension I just used hayman reese distribution hitch which definantly helped.
    From memory it sucked around 27-28 per 100klm whilst towing...very short 1st & 2nd gear ..never used 1st unless towing..& used to drive me nuts travelling over 80klm ,found it very noisy (not tire noise)it was a gxl.
    The missus hated it & always said it was uncomfortable although didn't bother me.I actually own a 2004 6cylinder turbo diesel cruiser ute with 260000klm on it & I much prefer that over the v8 cruiser..except when it comes to towing power the v8 kills it.
    Mate I would own another cruiser but not the short wheel base wagon...probably get the dual cab or ute as I hated trying to fit gear into the wagon...7ft -8ft rods would touch the front windscreen
    Didn't suit me anyway...obviously suits others though

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Spiderpig,i owned a 76 series 2010 model for 3 years.
    I towed a boat just under 3500kg & did it with ease...they are a bit soft in the rear although I didn't upgrade suspension I just used hayman reese distribution hitch which definantly helped.
    From memory it sucked around 27-28 per 100klm whilst towing...very short 1st & 2nd gear ..never used 1st unless towing..& used to drive me nuts travelling over 80klm ,found it very noisy (not tire noise)it was a gxl.
    The missus hated it & always said it was uncomfortable although didn't bother me.I actually own a 2004 6cylinder turbo diesel cruiser ute with 260000klm on it & I much prefer that over the v8 cruiser..except when it comes to towing power the v8 kills it.
    Mate I would own another cruiser but not the short wheel base wagon...probably get the dual cab or ute as I hated trying to fit gear into the wagon...7ft -8ft rods would touch the front windscreen
    Didn't suit me anyway...obviously suits others though
    Thanks mate,

Is the room and the noise the only thing that put you off the SWB? Was the noise all the time or worse when towing? I wont be towing 3500kg often or very far. If I go on holidays I will be towing a long boat with all the camping gear and rods etc stored in the boat. I wont be storing rods etc inside and need the four doors for the family.

My missus isn't too fussy, to be honest she puts up with anything. I had her driving a 94 falcon with 300000K's, 500km a week to work up until 2 years ago; she put up with it! She won't be driving this often as I bought her a new Honda when the falcon died.

I like the idea of buying a truly unbreakable car and letting the family be rough with it. The little fella can drop an ice cream in the back seat or take to washing it with a broom and its not going to phase it. If I buy it and am happy with it, I can see me owning it for 10 years or until I wear it out.

I have the current model Colorado, and it's awesome. But I get your Landcruiser love. I'm buying one again next June. Stick with what you love mate, though I love a warranty and fixed price servicing...
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

[QUOTE=Spiderpig;1521269]Thanks mate,

Is the room and the noise the only thing that put you off the SWB? Was the noise all the time or worse when towing?

The noise was mainly on highway over 80klm & didn't have to be towing...a mate has one aswell & it annoys him also.
    As for the room I had a moored boat so was putting gear in & going to marina...if I didn't need the back seat for my boy it would have been better to rip em out.
    I've had 5 cruisers in a row but bought a chev Silverado to tow my noosacat.....let me tell you I have been spoilt now this thing is simply awesome...but if I had a boat under 3.5tonne would be hard to justify owning it & would have no choice but to get another cruiser.
    Just remember a longer wheel base will always be better to tow with but if your not towing far wont be a problem.

We just finished a 105 FTE conversion. And powered it up. 233rwkw and 900nm. Fuel eco is under 10 litres per 100k's. It really is the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
    We just finished a 105 FTE conversion. And powered it up. 233rwkw and 900nm. Fuel eco is under 10 litres per 100k's. It really is the best of both worlds.
    Not sure what you mean mate? What engine did you put in which cruiser?

factory landcruiser TD engine as found in the 100 series.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I have the current model Colorado, and it's awesome. But I get your Landcruiser love. I'm buying one again next June. Stick with what you love mate, though I love a warranty and fixed price servicing...
    poor mans Hilux

Quote Originally Posted by mod2 View Post
    poor mans Hilux
    And the hilux is poor mans landcruiser .
    NOW I,AM GUNNA EATCHA