Thread: Fish ID please

Fish ID please

Hi all, I wasJust wondering if anyone may be able to ID these 2 fish please. I have a feeling the smaller one is a moses perch, but the other one I don't know. These fish were caught this morning on the south end of bribie, land based, using light gear and live yabbies. All in all it was a good morning with a few flathead and bream thrown in the mix.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Fish ID please

Yep. Moses Perch for the first one. Undecided on the second

Some sort of Morwong for the second one????

Abit hard to see the pattern but I would say a netted morwong

moses perch and the second one is a painted sweetlip... i think

No 2 Spotted Hind? if it's not a Netted Morwong.....or painted sweetlip

#2 looks like a juvenile brown morwong, but the picture isn't very clear so hard to be sure. Either way, it is from that family of mother in law fish. Poor eating quality.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I'd go for a juvenile Spangled Emperor. on the 2nd. Caught a few of these out the end of the passage.

Ive caught a few of them off the 24's and looked and looked through fish ID sites and came up with painted sweetlip last year.. weird thing is though it deffo looks like a morwong of some description, even google images says it is a painted sweetlip.. netted morwong sounds like a better fit though..

Cheers for the reply guys and thoughts, was quite surprised actually to catch these guys considering I was just targeting for some whitting. Either way they were a good little fight on light gear

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lbger View Post
    Ive caught a few of them off the 24's and looked and looked through fish ID sites and came up with painted sweetlip last year.. weird thing is though it deffo looks like a morwong of some description, even google images says it is a painted sweetlip.. netted morwong sounds like a better fit though..

I reckon your closer to mark lbger.