Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what I found!

Re: Look what I found!

Yeah the water is clear enough to send a camera down.....That will be on the cards when i get a GOPRO...

I have been thinking really hard about making my own Arti lately but dont think I need to now..... I wouldnt add anymore to it as it makes the chances of somebody finding it a bit more likely..... I'm wondering if anyone else has already found it.....ive never seen anyone in the vicinity of it so im hoping not....haha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Got stitched up 3 times and managed to extract this.....

Attachment 98032
    nice mate did u anker up on it to get that cod, or drift over it.
    Screaming drag is my drug

Quote Originally Posted by conco46 View Post
    nice mate did u anker up on it to get that cod, or drift over it.
    I pulled up near it with the spotlock on the Ipilot and cast back to it...... the other fish we hooked managed to get back and rub us off on the structure!

Yeah the water is clear enough to send a camera down.....That will be on the cards when i get a GOPRO...

I have been thinking really hard about making my own Arti lately but dont think I need to now..... I wouldnt add anymore to it as it makes the chances of somebody finding it a bit more likely..... I'm wondering if anyone else has already found it.....ive never seen anyone in the vicinity of it so im hoping not....haha!!!
    I've got a go pro. When are we going

Locky,

Mate i'll just come out for a fish with you and take a few pics with my GPS camera. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Locky,

Mate i'll just come out for a fish with you and take a few pics with my GPS camera. lol
    Keith...Mate you wouldn't know what hit you in my little tub!!!

Besides I don't think there will be too many Reds or Trout on it!!

I am hoping for some of our poor man reds though!!

Keith...Mate you wouldn't know what hit you in my little tub!!!

Besides I don't think there will be too many Reds or Trout on it!!

I am hoping for some of our poor man reds though!!
    Mate i'd trade 100 reds for one Moreton bay 10kg knobby caught in 10mtrs of water or less!!! Nothing beats those screaming hits from a decent bay knobby in shallow water.

Heheheh I bet your inbox is full and you have been offered someone elses virginity for the marks for that reef mate.
    Jack.

To the Bilge Mr SnapperBasher.

Looks familiar. I've got the 798 Humminbird and I'm 90% sure of that one.

Got the humminbird!

Would you mind sharing the settings you are using? Contrast sensitivity etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderpig View Post
    Got the humminbird!

Would you mind sharing the settings you are using? Contrast sensitivity etc?
    I have had a few PM's asking the same question....

Im still learning with my humminbird and have been just playing around with the settings really...

I have found up to about 15mtrs of water 800khz imaging frequency is the best...I just adjust the sensitivity until the very inside edge of the seafloor shows as a bright line.... Contrast again seems to be variable and I'm constantly changing this to ge the best image....And the sharpness I always leave on 'OFF'....personal preference probably but seems to grainy if I turn it up....

These images are by far the best I have been able to get....not sure if I'm getting better at adjusting settings or if the conditions were just right for a good image.....the sea was like a millpond...

Quiet often I get alot of 'Clutter' mid water which only seems to reduce by dropping the sensitivity right down but then i feel im missing other detail...

Hope this helps.

Heres some other images of varying quality I have taken over the last few months...

Tiwi PearlS00021.jpg

School of Hairtail

S00028.jpg

School of Tarpon

S00029.jpg