Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: garmin releases down and side vu

garmin releases down and side vu

This year at METS, we’re very excited to introduce our new down-scanning and side-scanning sonar technology, DownVü and SideVü. Want to find that next hot spot or structure where all those fish are hanging out? DownVü and SideVü will help.
    As a quick refresher, down-scanning sonar allows you to see fish, various structures and objects that your boat is passing over. Side-scanning sonar is very similar but helps you identify what’s out to the sides of your boat. With DownVü and SideVü, high resolution images provide a near picture quality representation
    and excellent precision to help you see what’s below and to the side of the boat.
    With the announcement of DownVü and SideVü come brand new fishfinders and combination units designed with these capabilities:
    echo dv Series: Updated to now support DownVü scanning sonar. From 4-inch grayscale to full color display, these portable fishfinders pack a lot of punch in a small package. Fishing coastal waters? Now they support 50kHz transducers as well.

echoMAP dv Series: The echoMAP 50dv and 70dv boast the same great
    technology and specs as previous echoMAP units but now support DownVü. On a vibrant 5 or 7-inch screen, the echoMAP 50dv and 70dv will now show highly detailed down-scanning sonar.
    GPSMAP 500 and 700xs Series: Have one of the new GPSMAP xs unit? You can update the unit with a free software upgrade to make it compatible with DownVü. Now you can have all that technology at your fingertips.
    GCV 10: A sonar black box that integrates CHIRP technology to show ultra-crisp, ultra-precise DownVü and SideVü images. With more power on targets and noise suppression, you’ll receive crystal clear images on your echoMAP 70 unit, GPSMAP 700, 800, and 1000 xs series.

Whether you’re a serious angler or a weekend fisherman, we’ve got some great new products to suit your needs. For more information about DownVü, SideVü and all our METS announcements, click here. Happy fishing!

Re: garmin releases down and side vu

finally

and on another note. the ethernet port ont he 751's ... any news with that from the garmin thinktank cat?

Where can we have a look as I want a look before January please

When are these available.

You beauty. Mouse, I will be in touch when they are released. I was about to pull the trigger on a hds12 but have been hesitant as I have always been a garmin, furuno man. Will they have one or two transducers?

i would imagine two. "being there is a 8 pin blue plug transducer connector for your standard 600w or tm150 chirp transducers... and a 12 pin o range connector for this side/down VU

OR

it could be that this new transducer will plug into the 12 pin will also cover standard chirp as well.. tbh i dont know yet and my garmin rep didnt return my call.

watch this space

got to purchse the gcv10black box. It's pretty much the same as lowrance's box and same price $600 (US)
    also their version of sonic hub is very similar and very similar pricing.
    I feel it wont be long before there are new lower end combos with the side vu built in.

Moose what's the garmin customer service and fixed price replacement like?

-the extra Ethernet port is for the metor stereo system ( please see other post )

-the downview transducer will have 50/77/200/down vu all in one but will do a bit more research on the side vu with extra chirp may need 2 trannys

-Time frame on actual stock in Australia is still the big question at this stage ( early next year is the best I can guess at this stage )

-

How much roughly for a 751xs with side vu and t/h chirp tranny sounds like $3000-$3500
    Bloody expensive for 7inch sounder how could they possibly compete with the hds7touch it would want to be the bee's nee's for that coin IMO

that would have to be bees knees for that coin.
    without knowing the price structure of the side Vu ...........cant really comment. but that sounds like a fairly inflated price

And now its game on.Not just a two horse race.

Bring it on!

Hopefully Garmin or a retailer, will do a package price for 751xs w/chirp and down vu, that will be more reasonable than individual component buying.

yeah thats a package ill be likley doing .

Hope the resolution is better than their website offerings.......
    Jack.