Thread: Redland Bay Gurus Help please

Redland Bay Gurus Help please

Hey guys new member to ausfish but have read 100s of your posts and tips and am glad to be part of ur community.

Heading off to redland bay on thursday if weather permits. Mate lives up there who hasnt fished in years. I mostly go to bribie/tweed/jacobs not sure of the redland bay area.

I generally target the tailor mangrove jack and snapper I dont care for bream or whiting (i dont find them good eating) wouldnt argue if i gotta flatty.

So my question, Any of you locals know of any decent spots at or around the proximity of redland bay where we can get a good fish on (salt or fresh). Im willing to drive the extra 10 miles. What bait do u guys use up in ya spots u suggest and how are ya rigs set up?

Thanks in Advance

Re: Redland Bay Gurus Help please

The red buoy near the south-west corner of Coochiemudlo produces fish. People generally use pilchards, squid or soft plastics. I know they catch them, because I have seen them. Unfortunately, I have fished there about 8 times, and only caught one decent fish in all those sessions. But I live in hope.

Thanks Peter will be sure to have a squizz, cars packed beutiful day will let has know how I go.

Just went to Victoria point bait and tackle. Got some awesome advice from a guy who works there. Got some nice fresh bait pitty they all out of the live worms but still Will definitely come back next return.

That little tackle store is doing a great job as is Mossops at Cleveland
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

image.jpg
    4 little bream and my first fight for the night lil shovelnose. All thrown back bream to small and shovelnoses I find not real good eating :p.

Wingman, I think I caught that one a couple of weeks ago. I let it go too.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKroll View Post
    Wingman, I think I caught that one a couple of weeks ago. I let it go too.
    Ur prob right I'm sure that's the only decent fish in this parts of waters.

Wingman, you really have to fish an area CONSITENTLY...regular & often...before finding what works for you..

This includes certain tides, times and choice of bait etc.

The red buoy does produce, no doubt about that, as do a myriad of other places in the bay...but every spot has its' premium times/tides/bait to fish.

The Rous back to Harries is a very good example of this especially when fishing for Tings.

Because of the very nature of finding & fishing more lucrative areas, I am not surprised when fishos' talk about there "secret" spot and are VERY guarded when prompted for more info

Keep at it M8...it's the only way.

btw...welcome aboard

Cheers, Ray.
    Last edited by solemandownunder; 21-11-2013 at 05:20 AM. Reason: More info

The buoy was great, I cought that shovel nose at the Vic point jetty on high tide spent a good 5 hours there but didn't catch anything else exciting there. Went to that river mouth in between redland and vp, great spot plenty of bream and whiting got a little ray there too. Decided to go into the inlet a bit more to target a jack hiding on the tidal swing waiting for the fish to go past as they do and was swarmed by mossies and forgot my repellent lol. Bailed pretty fast . All in all was a good 2 days though.

Thanks for the welcome ray.

Going back to Jacobs well on thurs or fri know a good place jewies hang out. Will keep you all posted . Thanks again for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman86 View Post
    The buoy was great, I cought that shovel nose at the Vic point jetty on high tide spent a good 5 hours there but didn't catch anything else exciting there. Went to that river mouth in between redland and vp, great spot plenty of bream and whiting got a little ray there too. Decided to go into the inlet a bit more to target a jack hiding on the tidal swing waiting for the fish to go past as they do and was swarmed by mossies and forgot my repellent lol. Bailed pretty fast . All in all was a good 2 days though.

Thanks for the welcome ray.

Going back to Jacobs well on thurs or fri know a good place jewies hang out. Will keep you all posted . Thanks again for the advice.
    and you were in a boat

what the HELL were you doing anywhere NEAR the VP jetty.....5 hours

Thank you for your thank you

Cheers, Ray.

Only was in a boat for 1/2 of a day on my 2 day trip up there. I don't personally own one had a mate come up for a lil while. Most of my fishing up there was on shore . Was 5 hours well spent though was watching some people from overseas trying to catch toad fish LOL. Was trying to tell them they are poisonous to eat I'm sure they were just nodding caus they didn't understand me :S. They faces was priceless when I cought the "shark" lol.