Thread: Bribie Island 4 x 4 M & G. Round up

Red face Bribie Island 4 x 4 M & G. Round up

It was a surprize to see 6 other vehicles ready and waiting when I turned up a tad late, not my fault..........

I haven't got the photos ready yet, so will let others do a report and I will post pics asap.

Unfortunately, I / we/ Kellie may have hit something solid on the beach departure track, as the front end seems bent and I travelled home at 85kph... vibrating a bit too much.

Really appreciated the company today people and great to see the kids enjoying themselves at the Poverty Point and The Lagoon.

Probably a bit unfair to have Kel leading the way as this was her first time driving a 4 x 4 offroad. Lots of instructions, but she needed no encouragement as she took to it like a duck to water. We managed to get 3/4's of the way up the inland track in 2WD with full tyre pressure. The only time we came unstuck was when we had lowered the pressure and was in 4WD low range recovering the Hyundai

Great to see the young fellas ( not in our group ) stop and render assistance in that " sand bog from hell ".

More soon.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Bribie Island 4 x 4 M & G. Round up

Digging cars out between vomit was a new experience not alcohol inflicted either. Great day good to meet another ausfisher , kero and his family as well ss the couple from Ningi in the jeep (sorry forgotten your names)The landcruiser guy was filthy when the patrol came to the rescue!! Thanks for organising Phil, my wife is already organising a camping trip up there
    Attached Images Attached Images

Poontrol put an end to an hour of LP and Kero being bogged. Nice young fella and sensible too

7 vehicles in total

couple of pics... more later
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

It was good to put some faces to members ID's on here and meet new ones, I think we all had some fun, we spent a bit of time pulling vehicles out of sand traps and we all learnt a bit more and gained some more experience on what to do and not to do whilst crossing churned up sand. Thanks to the "Poonpatrol", (name on the windscreen of their vehicle) couple of fellas who stopped by and helped pull out some of our groups bogged vehicles.

Here are some more pics, first two are when we had our first stop at Poverty Creek, letting the kids stretch their legs and disturb a couple of local residents (ie: Kangaroos) whilst the adults had a chat. The third pic is reaching the ocean after clearing the sand traps to regroup before heading down to Mermaid Lagoon for lunch.

Fortunately the weather held off and for the most part we had quite a nice warm day and only started to rain a little bit on the way home. Thanks Lucky_Phil for organizing it.

Cheers

Ed.

We had a great day and it was good to meet some new faces (Phill & kellie, Ed & Audrey, Brendan & Sarah). Thanks to LP for organising it.
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

Looks like a good day,sorry i missed it.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Surprising there are no photos of Lucky Phil's Colorado bogged up to its nuts. Or two fourbys daisy chained to get him out .....

Just sayin

Howdy people. Has been a while since I have been on the forum. Great to see the 4x4 m&g still happening. Will try and keep an eye out for the next one. How are ya phill. Been a while.