Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another GPS Attributed Fatality - Unfortunately

Another GPS Attributed Fatality - Unfortunately

1. Unfortunately another GPS related accident to add to the ever growing list of fatalities attributed to incorrect GPS use, helicopter crash Lake Eyre 2011

2. Unfortuneately this list is not exclusively limited to aircraft incidents.

Re: Another GPS Attributed Fatality - Unfortunately

Yes it is very tragic especially for those without new batteries

http://www.jamesdoylephoto.com/lake-...ans-boom-bust/
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

1. the report did not blame the gps for the accident.
    2. The ATSB released its final report into the crash, saying that spatial disorientation was the major cause of the accident.
    3."As best as we can understand following the sequence of the flights, the helicopter initially went off in the wrong direction, we believe, because the GPS was originally wrongly programmed for the flight," Mr Dolan said.

4. If you are going to state something get it ####ing right.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-1...-crash/5090994
    Jack.

Gee satnav I think Tunaticer just owned you. Funny stuff.

1. The spatial disorientation was primarily due to the GPS being incorrectly programmed with the incident occuring probably while trying to re-program the GPS

2. Main purpose for this post is more towards the "she'll be right boatie types" who think they know it all yet in reality really don't properly understand or can operate the equipment they are using.

3. Bit of a heads up for some but many of the bored people here will obviously try and read all sorts of excuses and self justification into this.

Quote Originally Posted by SatNav View Post
    1. The spatial disorientation was primarily due to the GPS being incorrectly programmed with the incident occuring probably while trying to re-program the GPS

2. Main purpose for this post is more towards the "she'll be right boatie types" who think they know it all yet in reality really don't properly understand or can operate the equipment they are using.

3. Bit of a heads up for some but many of the bored people here will obviously try and read all sorts of excuses and self justification into this.
    1. Thankyou Kerry for thinking about us and trying to be helpfull!

2. A big thanks for looking out for us at the breaksea spit m&g. A lot of people could have been seriously injured or killed if it wasnt for your gentle reasoning on the radio!

Cheers

That's right they may be bored, but it is no excuse for them to fail to show due respect to our topic, here.
    I mean all we wish for is to post an abstract view and certainly minimalized viewpoints (waypoints) before being deleted and spending our time on a mountain top contemplating passed over topics until we feel fulfilled and possibly safer.
    Where do questions come from guys, I mean we ask them, you are just here to help!
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Muddyfeet View Post
    Maybe try a GPS lovers/haters forum. This is a fishing forum and even though you think you know more than everyone here you are yet to prove it.
    1. Do you own a boat?
    2. If yes please post pictures.
    3. Do you actually fish?
    4. If yes please post a picture of you with a fish.
    5. Do you have any sort of life other than trying to stir people up on Ausfish?
    6. If yes please post pictures of you leading said life. That is, of course, unless that life involves rooting certain farm yard animals!
    Sounds like the list of questions I have for Gazza!!!!!

5. No squid at the secret squid spot today satnav.......

6. Catch me a dolphin fish so I can eat it on jury duty( blue swimmer)

7. SHARK fishing kidCOBIA

oh my god you people are such haters a simple man posts some information and yous'e are all quick to shoot him down. "get out the pitch forks ya bunch of rednecks". Its a wonder satnav logs on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post

4. If you are going to state something get it ####ing right.
    Agree, can't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Well he's convinced me!!!!
    For a long time I have had a sneaking suspicion that my marine electronics have been planning something untoward and Satnav has finally shown me the smoking gun. I think I will be a lot safer from now on without them especially coming home at night.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I agree with Horse. Thank you SatNav for confirming what I have always thought. Everytime, I drive home from the pub at 2am junk as a drudge, I always seem to end up going the wrong way or into a drain and I have been blaming the GPS, but the cook reckons not. Now I can tell her I have proof. Thanks again SatNav, I feel much safer now.
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!

I am going to dispose of my GPS as I am obviously not qualified to own or use one so it's back to using land marks and a sextant and compass , I hope that's ok and thanks for the insight once again Satnav for all your help 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I always knew it was the steering wheels fault when I drove into a tree..

Same turd, same flies.
    nil carborundum illegitimi