Thread: XMAS Camping

XMAS Camping

Who's going where over xmas?

Im thinking of doing Pancake creek for the few days prior to Xmas then Moreton for new years....

Re: XMAS Camping

heading down to west coast St Australia with the kids and missus. Going to Arno Bay for New year, booked to go out with Big Ash to tangle with some of those snapper again, then over Lincoln way camping, fishing swatting flies.....Cant wait, love a road trip, love camping
    JN

Heading to folks place Central Coast NSW - probably go out in a mates boat off Terrigal for a kingie or jewie.

I usually do a bit of blackfish fishing off the rocky headlands too - usually a bit of fun - but not so likely this year depends on family commitments.

Have towed the boat there in previous years - but not this time.
    Cheers

Trev

Awesome JN.... Would love to fish Arno bay!!

Trevally.... What is the access to the sea like at Terrigal?.... I'm always on the lookout for new camping spots but tend to always head North..

I've got six weeks off over Chrissy. Plan on spending lots of time at Cape Upstart!
    Can't wait!!

2 weeks at Yamba. The only problem is that I have to do 2 trips each way because we need the caravan down there and I need the boat. 2 weeks fishing at Yamba. Bring it on....Does anyone know about the seaway access?? Is it ok ? Is there decent offshore fishing to be done? thanks in advance.
    Cheers Dave

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Trevally.... What is the access to the sea like at Terrigal?.... I'm always on the lookout for new camping spots but tend to always head North..
    Terrigal is okay in an Easterly or anything SE/S but a NE gets a bit of surge on the ramp - no fun.
    Norah Head is a very difficult ramp.
    Problem we had last time out from Terrigal is it is a favourite location for a zillion guys wearing gold chains riding jet skis and women wearing scarves and one hundred kids on the shoreline.
    They have no issue with filling all the boat/trailer parking leaving nothing for boaties.
    The water and beach is teaming with the kids - good luck to them but they have no idea about boats and ramps and safety - makes for difficult launch and retrieve.
    Once at sea it is all good and return is after dark so again all good.
    Mate - given a choice I would head north rather than join the rat-race down south.
    Beautiful beaches down there and if you can get there away from peak time - go for it - but Christmas is madness.
    I lived there for 30 years and the estuary waterways and offshore is great.
    Cheers

Trev

Yeah thats why I tend to go north....Just to stay away from the crowds....I like the northern fish species better too!

Mrs is always blowing up cause alot of the places we go she can't (Won't) get in the water... between Crocs, Jellyfish and the general state of the "beaches" where I like to go :-)..haha!

Thats why I'm going to head to Pancake creek this time....think she will be right to swim there without too many worries... best of both worlds

Yeah thats why I tend to go north....Just to stay away from the crowds....I like the northern fish species better too!

Mrs is always blowing up cause alot of the places we go she can't (Won't) get in the water... between Crocs, Jellyfish and the general state of the "beaches" where I like to go :-)..haha!

Thats why I'm going to head to Pancake creek this time....think she will be right to swim there without too many worries... best of both worlds
    This thread is worth a look:-
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...inations/page5
    I put a post report in post 65 and 66 on Humpy Island - nice spot for the family.
    Cheers

Trev

Thanks Trev,

I have read through that previously. How accessible is Humpy in a smallish boat? I have a 485 Seajay Territory.

Thanks Trev,

I have read through that previously. How accessible is Humpy in a smallish boat? I have a 485 Seajay Territory.
    Mate it's 16km from harbour. Some people take gear by ferry to Keppel then shuffle it the 3 or 4km from there to Humpy.

Your boat would do the trip easy but as stated above if you want to take a heap of camping gear.
    Cheers

Trev

G'day Lochie.

We'll be at Humpy in January for about 5 nights. Like Trev said, your boat will be fine.
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat

Hey Brad,

I was reading some of your posts about Humpy....What dates are you going?

Been fishing lately mate?

We'll try for around 5-7 nights sometime between 7 Jan and 16 Jan. Try and pick the best weather closer to the time. Will meet up with JT too.

My boat and camping gear, gas fridges etc will be stored in Rocky from 22 Dec until we go to Humpy if you need anything. What dates you thinking?

Not enough fishing mate. Did an overnighter with Tanny and the boys off Seaforth a couple of months ago. Too far from the ramp here mate.

PM me your mobile.
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat