Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1770 overnighter.

Re: 1770 overnighter.

Soulfish and Banana,

Just wanted to thank you both for a trip of a lifetime!!!!!!!!!! I have been dreaming of a fish like that for years and Soulfish you know that we have been planning a trip like that for over 3 years now..

Keith you are right, i am well and truly hooked! That is an amazing place and i really appreciate your hospitality and advice in fishing up there, i have already started to make new rigs.

What made that trip even better than the fishing was the people we got to fish with, whether it was on Maverick or Giddy Up, everyone was open to discuss all fishing methods and techniques to help each other out to catch more fish, that is was fishing is all about! Good company, a few laughs and a couple of drinks. You guys are always welcome on Reel Instinct!!!

Soulfish, i don't know how you did it but well done persisting through with that knee...

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Some nice work there Keith.

Were up there for a second visit a few weeks ago, did alright but only had the one run out wide..

Regards
    Honda.
    Hey honda,

Mate i'm sure that second visit will turn into a dozen or so over time. it's a great place to fish and the variety of fish is second to none.

Cheers
    Keith

Top effort keith and great report as well.Im drooling over your catch mate, great haul.
    Its bloody hard sitting here on nightshift watching how good weather is and then your report comes online.hahar keep them coming.

cheers justin.

Back in Black,

Mate please... A fishing muppet..... What fishing muppet gets his own personal bag on reds (5) and trout (7) in a day????

You must think we are idiots!!! mate you go alright and out fished us on the second day hands down so your either an incredible quick learner or already a good fisherman. I know what one I have my money on.

Mate I haven't fished DI before but i'm sure if you use the same principles there as we use a little north on the rubble grounds that you will have instant success. it's no secret or rocket science their just fish.

Mate thank you for your kind comment and I'm sure I can speak for all the guys it was a pleasure to meet someone with such good quality's and morals (mate sorry i couldn't contain my mouth or language) and thank you for coming.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Tony it was good to meet you..you are a red natural & i'm sure you will start getting a few up your neck of the woods soon..I did warn you before you came that apart from fishing we love to put shit on each other.
    I wish I was on board giddyup to see the keithstar & bobby show
    Mate she was a fair show especially the BBQ and red incident, i'm sure Tony was thinking to himself these (Keith) clowns are nuts. I would love to have seen a replay.

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    cracking trip keith ...cheers for the report..... love the fish pic line up....think your PM box is going too fill as quick as the eskys after this post...LOL...... cheers mick
    Cheers mic.

Your welcome to come up for a trip any time mate.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Hey honda,

Mate i'm sure that second visit will turn into a dozen or so over time. it's a great place to fish and the variety of fish is second to none.

Cheers
    Keith

Mate,

the second trip wasn't quite a full on fishing trip had a few old blokes with me so had to be careful I didn't break them, or need the helicopter offshore (hips and knees and the rest).. still all caught enough. Not quite your bag, but I'm practicing..

Regards
    Honda.

Good work fellas but when are you going to try some real fishin.....jiggin?
    Cheers Perry
    I am a fisherman,it's not something I merely do,it is who I am! Fishing is not simply my escape,it is where I am supposed to be,it is not a place that I go, But a life long journey I am taking, it is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show to others. When you understand all of this, you will then know me and we will fish together.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Nice haul Keith and thanks for the tips you gave out. It definitely reduces the local trips after a jaunt up there. Its hard to feel satisfied with a bag of Squire when you know there is a jumbo Red somewhere up there with your name on it
    Cheers Horse,

Mate it's a great place to fish up there and the fact you can get out of the wind at night and tuck in behind a reef with a few mates and get a decent sleep makes it all worthwhile.

Well done on the M&G at Breaksea. As much as we enjoyed catching a few up at 1770 on the weekend I would of loved to raft up with all the guys and chin wag the night away at the Breaksea. I only got my boat back the weekend before and with fuel and range an issue I really needed to get it resolved before attempting that mission.

next year for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmackrel View Post
    Cheers Perry
    Perry mate your nuts it wont happen as I'm hopeless on the jig and dislike AJ's and kingies. I'm happy to go popping though up north if your keen. I seen a great ball of bait pushed up against the reef the other day that big GT's were keeping worried i'm sure. It had your name on it!!!

next time

Quote Originally Posted by madmackrel View Post
    Cheers Perry
    Is that a Jigs and Jugs Meet and Greet Perry?

Regards
    HOnda..

Finally found time to catch up on the goss after catching up on my workload after a day off fishing .
    Great to see you enjoyed yourself Tony.
    We all had a ball, was nice to meet you / catch up with Will again ( & the new crew of Maverick -Steve, Brent & Mitch ) & yes you definitely did well. Especially for your first trip.
    Must have been the captain putting us on the fish LOL
    Mitch is a great host Jason, he can come serve us beers at my next BBQ.

Yes, Jason you would have loved being on Giddyup
    Me & Keith had a laugh about it this afternoon.

It could've been a shoulder charge.
    Why wasn't the go-pro on then Keith?
    Were you trying to feed me to that tiger shark lurking in the deep

All in all another successful trip with great guys who share the same passion for fishing.
    Can't wait to do it again boys.

Thanks guys

Thanks Keith will have to do it one day for sure.
    I am a fisherman,it's not something I merely do,it is who I am! Fishing is not simply my escape,it is where I am supposed to be,it is not a place that I go, But a life long journey I am taking, it is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show to others. When you understand all of this, you will then know me and we will fish together.

Well done again on an exceptional effort not just on the catch ( groundhog day 29 reds 64 trout, 46 maori cod and 102 red throat would be something different if you caught and posted maybe just 1 Samson fish.)but also on your amazing skills in making Bobby (Mojoes) look good, you have truly turned him into the Rex Hunt of 1770 in fishing and the Jamie Oliver of Cooking.

Great effort and well done a bit better than I did on the weekend.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Cheers mic.

Your welcome to come up for a trip any time mate.
    Roger that !!! ... keep me in mind when your chasing crew mate ...
    that nirvana house is a ripper had a gr8 time stayed an extra night the girls were having too much fun ( or was it the boys wanted another fishing day lol ) got out to fitzroy for one overnighter and fished 30-40 km east of round hill another. didnt get the ideal weather but filled the freezer and had a wicked time with the family
    cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........