Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1770 overnighter.

Re: 1770 overnighter.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Gib your harder to catch than a red. I tought for sure you would of taken the bait on the Chev/etec call?
    I knew it was a bait but I didn't take it as it wasn't presented that well

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastMark View Post
    Well done Keith - good haul - Haven't seen a post from Tony yet - he must still be recovering........... Probably working out how to pot his plants with rubber arms...

Good on you for taking a couple of extra's out.

Mark
    Mark,
    I'm still filleting & bagging fish!!

Tony

hopefully next time gibbo offers a deckie spot I can make it...was really pissed when I seen the pic Saturday nite I knew you buggers would of cleaned up...well done fellas
    cheers rosco
    p.s lockie I think we need a trip up there in the kc

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastMark View Post
    Well done Keith - good haul - Haven't seen a post from Tony yet - he must still be recovering........... Probably working out how to pot his plants with rubber arms...

Good on you for taking a couple of extra's out.

Mark
    Mark

Tony's a patient and considerate bloke to have on a boat and is always welcome in the future all he has to do is ask. When i rang him he had a couple of other Ausfish mates that he could of taken with us as Soulfish was still looking for crew at that stage and they would of been more than welcome but unfortunately I didn't ask him. If Tony could vouch for them then I would know just from meeting the guy for a few days that they would be top blokes and welcome to come out with us.

Mate I enjoy fishing with new guys and don't mind taking guys who otherwise don't have boats or the means necessary to venture out off shore. Just as long as they are not dickheads.

Mate as for last weeks post sorry for misreading yours and returning serve.

Cheers Keith

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    hopefully next time gibbo offers a deckie spot I can make it...was really pissed when I seen the pic Saturday nite I knew you buggers would of cleaned up...well done fellas
    cheers rosco
    p.s lockie I think we need a trip up there in the kc
    Yes you do!!!!!

I'll give you a few honey holes with reds and nanny's on them lol
    maybe even a cuttlefish.

as long as there are no mutton birds on them mate like you aj mark off straddie.lol

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    as long as there are no mutton birds on them mate like you aj mark off straddie.lol
    I ran over a mutton bird on Saturday and he came flying out the tunnel and shot up the rooster tail like he was at wet and wild. I should of marked it!

Some nice work there Keith.

Were up there for a second visit a few weeks ago, did alright but only had the one run out wide..

Regards
    Honda.

My hands have finally uncramped enough for me to tackle a keyboard.

Seriously, I haven't cleaned that many fish before, & definitely not that size, so I ended up with really sore hands from holding the knife for so long, & scaling & gutting the bigger trophy fish to bake whole. I can feel the ribbing coming already!!

Keith, you made my day by asking me to come up there with you, fishing grounds I had never been to, & only hearing of them as legendary fishing spots. I had an absolute ball. I think part of the reason my hands are so sore is probably all that texting I did with pictures stitching up some of my mates

I really appreciate the effort you went to, to make me feel welcome & part of the crew. And what a funny damn crew they were as well!! They are a great bunch of blokes, & they all helped me out knowing I was a fishing muppet.

It was great catching up with other Ausfish blokes as well. Its funny knowing their names on Ausfish & then meeting them in person. Seriously, with a name like the Lump, I expected a much better looking bloke

It was good to meet Muddy on the highway, albeit in scary circumstances. You were worried mate!! You should have been in the ute doing 120km backwards

Meeting Giffo, Capt Seaweed, The Lump,(sorry to the other fellow in the servo, I forgot your name already!!),Mojoes, Soulfish, Antos1 & others was great. It brings Ausfish to life actually knowing who I am taking the piss out of

Mojoes-your cooking was unsurpassed, but I still think Bannana did try to drop the shoulder into you, trying to knock you overboard, but ended up glancing you & taking out a hot BBQ. Gopro footage of that, & the ensuing colourful aftermath would have been gold!!

Soulfish-I hope your knee settles down mate. That looked seriously swollen & painful. You are a die hard fisherman undertaking what you did with that injury.

Keith, thanks again for all the knowledge you imparted to me. There is years of trial & error to get the knowledge you have for reds & trout, & for you to freely teach me so much, someone you only met the day before for the first time, well, thats a quality you don't see much today. Your generosity is absolutely amazing. And I don't just mean with your info, but putting up all those smelly blokes at your shed, feeding everyone & housing us all. A top effort mate.

Now, the reds off DI should be scared, because now I'm not a red virgin anymore, & armed with lots of info, they will never feel safe again

Same for the trout. Sunshine Reef coral trout will now be assaulted with my new found knowledge!!

As soon as we get some good weather, which happens to be this Saturday, but I can't go fishing as Juna has invited about a dozen elderly people around to give them a Red Emperor BBQ, we will hit DI together in my boat. Don't expect the crazy speeds you attain, as I've only got 150's

Looking forward to having you on my boat & learning more again!!

Tony

I remember within the first few trips up there someone told me fishing locally would never be the same......and it's not. I think in the last 2 years I've done about 3 trips locally with the rest of my time being spent up there, Fraser and beyond.
    So I guess that's another thing you can thank Keith for Tony........forever wrecking fishing around home!!!!!

Tony it was good to meet you..you are a red natural & i'm sure you will start getting a few up your neck of the woods soon..I did warn you before you came that apart from fishing we love to put shit on each other.
    I wish I was on board giddyup to see the keithstar & bobby show

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I remember within the first few trips up there someone told me fishing locally would never be the same......and it's not. I think in the last 2 years I've done about 3 trips locally with the rest of my time being spent up there, Fraser and beyond.
    So I guess that's another thing you can thank Keith for Tony........forever wrecking fishing around home!!!!!
    I hate to say it but i agree. I get some sort of fishing depression after a trip up there knowing that it will be too long before the next trip......

cracking trip keith ...cheers for the report..... love the fish pic line up....think your PM box is going too fill as quick as the eskys after this post...LOL...... cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Outstanding report. Great driveway pic !!

Nice haul Keith and thanks for the tips you gave out. It definitely reduces the local trips after a jaunt up there. Its hard to feel satisfied with a bag of Squire when you know there is a jumbo Red somewhere up there with your name on it
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"